cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

No broadband/phone

Any readers in the Infinity section might remember by longrunning thread in there which ultimately ended with me getting moved back to ADSL. Other than a fault in the local area about a month ago everything has been running smoothly but as of this morning, we once again have no working Internet and the phone emits a large beeping noise any time we try to make an outgoing call.

Mobile calls to BT have proved fruitless as they've given us generic responses and promised the problem would be fixed by tomorrow midnight. Having a severely disabled person in the house and, it's completely unacceptable that we don't have a working line AGAIN with what's described as a "network fault near your house".

At a complete loss with yet another BT saga at the minute.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: No broadband/phone

When did you report the fault?

If its an external fault, then Openreach expect to fix it within three working days.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

@Keith_Beddoe I reported it this morning literally when it happened.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Then I would expect it to be repaired by the end of next Monday 11th, as working days do not include weekends, unless the line is registered with the free priority repair scheme.

http://btplc.com/inclusion/HelpAndSupport/DocumentsandDownloads/BTServices/FreePriorityFaultRepairsc...

It will be a phone fault, so provided you reported it as a phone fault, it should get tasked to Openreach to deal.

You can have a free divert of your incoming calls, to a mobile, or other UK number, for the duration of the fault.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

@Keith_Beddoe I was initially told three days but after insisting that my mother, as a carer, simply cannot do without phone service for the guts of a week, we were told it should be fixed by 23:59 tomorrow night?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Sadly we're not a part of the priority repaid scheme but that's something we'll definitely be looking into now.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

I can only tell you, as just a BT customer myself, what is explained on this page.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/%7E/customer-service-guarantee

You might get it fixed sooner, it depends on how busy Openreach are, and the nature of the fault.

0 Ratings