cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

No bt sport channels appearing on youview box!

Still no BT Sport channels appearing on You view box! I have been passed from pillar to post after complaining, they told me it was because I had the app, which they stopped. Still no channels on uview list and now I can't even watch the app! I'm paying £5 a month for something I can't use.

Seriously considering sending the whole lot back before my 21 days is up and telling them to stick it, and go to SKY! How hard can it be to send a signal to my box so I can get the channels and I want my first months money back!

Before you say it I've constantly done system update and a hard reset still nothing!

Trying to get hold of someone at BT is pathetic, they just pass you apart or worst cut you off because they can't fix it!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: No bt sport channels appearing on youview box!

Hi - do you have BT Infinity or just BT Broadband?

If you go to and put in your phone number (don't post your phone # or address on this forum) what do you see under the multicast section?

Which YouView box do you have - the 'starter' box or one with recording capability?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 16

Hi @ruud316,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry your sports channels aren't working. I'm sure I can get this sorted for you. Can you please drop me an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderator link in my profile. Once I have your email we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 16

I have recordable version of the box. Also have normal broad band, was told this was ok box was installed Monday was told channels should take 48 hors to appear, it's now Friday still no channels and now BT have stopped my app so I can't watch bt sport at all.

Another problem is box says it's recording but red light doesn't come on and it misses the programme, no error or failed record it's as if it just ignores it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Hi

I have normal broadband and recordable box, where is multicast section I can't find it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 16

I forgot to post the actual link to use - d'oh!

See: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Anyway just go with what DavidM said to do as he's an actual BT employee who can help, unlike the rest of us who are just end users.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

4th attempt by BT and still no BT Sport channels appearing on my Youview box!!!!!!!

For the 4th time someone has stopped my BT app and told me that my BT Sport channels will appear on my Youview box. 

24 hours later still no channels appearing in the channel list, yet again I can't even watch the app online because you've stopped my app!

3 weeks this has been going on!

What am I exactly paying my monthly money to you for?

Getting very annoyed now! Either fix it, or shove it!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

Re: 4th attempt by BT and still no BT Sport channels appearing on my Youview box!!!!!!!

I wonder if you have the same problem that I do?
I just posted a similar question as this has now happened to me multiple times over the past year or so.
Just out of interest, if you have a mobile capable of using it does the BT Sport app still work for you? Mine is fine, which leads me to suspect that the problem lies with the YouView box and not my subscription.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 16

Re: 4th attempt by BT and still no BT Sport channels appearing on my Youview box!!!!!!!

@ruud316 wrote:

For the 4th time someone has stopped my BT app and told me that my BT Sport channels will appear on my Youview box. 

24 hours later still no channels appearing in the channel list, yet again I can't even watch the app online because you've stopped my app!

3 weeks this has been going on!

What am I exactly paying my monthly money to you for?

Getting very annoyed now! Either fix it, or shove it!

In your other thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/No-bt-sport-channels-appearing-on-youview-box/m-p/1580139

you were offered moderator assistence last week.

Did you take up that offer ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

They keep telling me that it's being subscribed to the app that causes it, consiquently they then delete my app and tell me the channels will appear on my tv in 24 hours which they never do. When i complain they turn my app back on which works fine on all devices. But still no channels appearing on my sodding box!
0 Ratings