cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

No callback as promised re incorrect bill....Received text instead saying thanks for my new order!!!

Go to solution

Today BT customer service reached a new level of incompetence.  In October past I added BT tv to my phone and broadband package. Order processed with no issues. A day after placing my order I realised that new customers were being charged 15 pounds per month less than Inwas paying for my Infinity 1 unlimited. I called back and negotiated a price for my broadband of £10.85 per month and this was all logged in my notes.

At the start of Jan I received my bill and discovered that I have been charged £26  and pence instead of the agreed £10.85 since October and also for the next quarter. 

Each of the agents I've spoken with could see my notes and the £10.85 comments but apparently because I'm outside the 14 day cool off could not amend my charges.

After several frustrating calls I was instructed by the billing group to stop my direct debit payment and that a ticket was raised to go back through my call recordings I was promised a call back today between 2-4pm which didn't happen.  I was assured that my services would not be affected by stopping my payment and notes were placed on my account saying this.

What did happen is very worrying .... I received a text and e mail thanking me for my order and that my new broadband contract would be starting on 1st of Feb for another 12 months. I spoke with nobody from BT today regarding this so how can BT sign me up for another 12 months. The broadband price dropped slightly but not close to the promised 10.85 and I now seem to be paying for BT sports even though it should be free with my tv package.

I'm worried now that I have been signed up to another contract without my approval ,and what will happen regarding my bill and ongoing connections etc.

I contacted the help lines today to be told his department could not help and that he has emailed the relevant team and to expect a call.

To be honest ,I am at the end of my tether with the BT customer services . I have no confidence that this will ever get sorted and worried what will happen to my connections and further hassle.  To think I left Sky which was working fine.  BT ...... complete shambles .... stay clear!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: No callback as promised re incorrect bill....Received text instead saying thanks for my new orde

Go to solution
I have asked the Forum Moderators to help you they will post their contact link here tommorow
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: No callback as promised re incorrect bill....Received text instead saying thanks for my new orde

Go to solution

Thanks john46

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @DavidH34,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I can only apologise for the really poor experience you've had with this. I'm sorry it's such a mess. I'll be happy to lend a hand and get it all straightened out for you. Can you please send over your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks DavidM, I've completed the details 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@DavidH34

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me this afternoon!

I'm pleased that my colleagues got in touch just before I picked things up.  The credits agreed by them have all been applied and everthing has been sorted out now.  This now gives you your broadband package at £10.85 as previously promised.

All the best,

Robbie

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Many thanks for all your help...... Got there in the end 😀
0 Ratings