cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miki_anderson
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

No connection after activasion date

Hello all, This is my first post here so please go easy on me 🙂 Basically, order broadband, telephone and vision activasion date was 15th february equipment came early on the morning received an email staying all 3 services were ready to use and could connect equipment. After connecting the home hub to the phone socket throught the adsl filters and then to my pc there was no blue broadband light. After trying everything on website and advice frm this forum nothing has changed. I waited until after midnight on my activasion date then even conneted the hub to th test socket within the main socket with every other socket unplugged, but still no luck. I've rang BT helpline and they seem to think there is no problem at the exchange after running test my line and could possibly be down to faulty equipment, however after trying my old router which still didnt pick up any asdl connection i cant see it being a faulty hub. They said the problem would be escalated and i would receive another phone within 24hours and the possibility of an engineer coming to my home to fix problem. Has anyone else had this same experience when moving to BT? My home set up was fine with our last ISP so i cnt see how it can be a wiring problem. Any advice or ideas? Been left without internet for 48hours now and cant see it being resolved any time soon. Thanks in advanced, please ask if ive missed any information off
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Miki_anderson
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: No connection after activasion date

No ideas?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Hi miki_Anderson

This is a customer to customer self help forum theonly Bt presence herearethe forum. Moderators
Your old routerwill not function on Bt unless you have entered the Bt login details to it it could be a faulty hub or a connection issue at this time all you can do is to wait for your call back if afterthat you still have no service please post back and scan get you intouch with the forum mod team
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

It does sound like a failed installation, your old router should have indicated a good broadband signal, even though you may not have been able to connect.

You will need to go back to the broadband help desk and say that you have checked everything, and there is still a problem.

They will arrange for someone to go into the exchange and check the wiring is correct, and do a test from there.

Occasionally failures do occur due to human error, or faulty equipment.

0 Ratings