cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

No dial tone and limited (business) broadband since Jan 13th 2014

No dial tone / 10th speed (business) broadband.

Mobile won't work from our location.

Did line test and created fault reference: VOL012-***********

Been in chat box 3 times to indians?

Fix overdue (was due by 9pm 17th Jan).

Made formal complaint ref: 140117-******

Checked all wiring ...fault appears off property, probably in cabinet or further up chain.

Nobody doing anything mych at all - still dead.

Was told several times I would contacted via email and all I got was this which is painfully useless...
'We're sorry that we haven't yet been able to fix your fault. We're still working on it and we'll be in touch as soon as we've got any news for you. Libby Barr, Managing Director, Sales and Service'

Totally peed off. You should try running a business with no phone line and broadband upload speeds that match smoke signals!

Somebody do something. If one of us here needed emergency medical service or something of that nature ...we could end up dead because we can't dial out via landline or mobile!!!

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Message 2 of 23

Re: No dial tone and limited (business) broadband since Jan 13th 2014

Hi FuzzyDweeb,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post regarding the fault with your service. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll check if there are any updates from the engineers. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Ok I did as you asked... Now what?, I finally get an email just in from somewhere at BT stating...

'Hello

I am sorry for the delay in fixing this case.

As I entered your account I have found fault is delayed so tried twice to contact our engineering team to have an update on the fault but there is no response from their end .So as this issue has been escalated so we wil chase this case from our end and again we will contact them on Monday we will provide you updates on the fault.So I request you to wait till that time.'

Seriiously, WTF!? 😞
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 23

as you are a business customer you probably would be better posting on the business forum and not residential  http://business.forums.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 23

Thankyou but no I wouldn't because the line is residential under one account and the broadband is business under another account. Both accounts serve the same line on the same wires ...which guess what? don't work!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 23

I only have business broadband on my residential line because I work from home and needed static ip address option which you can't get on residential bt broadband (not that I currently use static ip any longer anyway for my troubles but it's handy to have the choice to turn it on and off).
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 23

thanks - I didn't realise BT allowed you to have business broadband on a residential phoneline

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 23

Yes it appears to be a simple account regrade their end and basically the same thing but with static option, decent web mail thru office365 and btconnect.com mailing.

Going back to topic tho as the broadband comes down the same wire set the line noise has degraded it a lot whilst voice is dead. Easy to fix in reality no doubt, just need an engineer at street level to sort it out. The engineer(s) who installed the broadband here hardwired a spur off the master socket making it a new master socket because we live in an upside down house. There is no way I can easily test the point of entry wiring now because of the crimping they used on the wires, plus thats not really what I have to do is it ...BT do!

What a poor show this is 😞
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 23

If your phone line was a business one, then you would get priority, as business customers are dealt with first.

See http://business.bt.com/phone-services/bt-totalcare/

CriticalCare give a repair time of 6 hours for an extra £5 a month.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Thanks but thats not what I have nor really need. I expect a level of service either way that has not been fully actioned.

Phone is still dead and a weekend of no phone and poor broadband await - great!
0 Ratings