cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amiebell
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

No dial tone, no internet

So I've come home to either no dial tone or a very aggressive crackling on the line... And No internet! We changed from bt broadband to bt infinity beginning of last week and quite frankly it's been **bleep** speed which was expected to begin with then it was on and off. Basically we've had bt for the last month and it's been nothing but trouble! Bt sucks... But I'm just ranting mainly. Ive done troubleshooting and surprise surprise bt has decided its a problem in the house (I cant see one, nothing broken) any ideas where i could check inside for faults etc before we risk calling bt so they can con us with an engineer ? Thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: No dial tone, no internet

connect to the test socket witha filter and see if that helps  also connect corded phone to filter and do quiet line test by dialing 17070 option 2  should be quiet and no noise

if you have no dial tone or a crackly line then report a phone fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Amiebell
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks very much. Will bare that in mind... Amazingly it is now working after submitting an issue to bt. May be just a coincidence but if they have fixed whatever issue there was then I may not need to try the above this time. Thankyou x
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@Amiebell wrote:
calling bt so they can con us with an engineer ? Thanks

@Amiebell

You are entitled to a free visit if there is a problem with your new installation.

See Complaints about slow broadband speed

I expect there is a high resistance fault, which was temporarily cleared when they did a line test.

Its likely to come back again.

0 Ratings