cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacquee
Message 1 of 6

No dial tone on my phone

Hi, the dial tone on my phone is dead which means i can't make or receive calls.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: No dial tone on my phone

@Jacquee wrote:

Hi, the dial tone on my phone is dead which means i can't make or receive calls.

Hi

First try another phone in case yours is faulty 

second connect the phone to the bt test socket  this is located at the rear  of the master socket that is the first socket where the phone cable comes into your house  the test socket is located behind the front plat that is held in place by two screws this test will connect you  with the exchange directly and eliminates any internal extensions you have if when you conect to this socket you still have no dial tone  phone bt faultson 151 and report the fault   this link may help http://bt.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/1454703/1255094078/redirect/1

Soulvache
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Just to add, if you have no dial tone, then you will need to call 0800 800 151. Smiley Wink

Kyle

=======================================
If you found my post helpful, please give Kudos on the left!
=======================================
Jacquee
Message 4 of 6

Thanx 4 ur answer......sounds like 2 much work....havent got a clue where the test socket is,  im expected to have a spare comp to run the tests which i havent got,  just joined bt from sky 2 days ago.......think i better go back to sky coz i never had issues with my phone while with them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

if you have a line fault which is what you have it will still be there even if you go back to sky the tests are very basic the socket you are looking for is the one that the outside wires go to normally near a front door do not worry about the second pc part as you can phone bt faults from any working bt phone on 151
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

0 Ratings