cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gillsfan
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

No dial tone with new phone

Okay so here is my problem. I bought a set of phones from eBay as my old one is playing up. The new phones don't get a dial tone, now I know what you are thinking but no its not the phone that's at fault, I took to round to a friend who lives 2 streets away and it works fine at his. It is in fact the second set I've bought the first being sent back because I didn't get a ring tone. Anyway the problem is my old phone a BT graphite gets a ring tone my new phone a BT verve doesn't.  I've tried everything I can think of, I've tried the phone straight into to socket therefore removing the filter from the equation. I've checked the wiring in the socket all wires connected where they should be, I've tried plugging the phone straight into the test socket. None of which worked,  in desperation I even tried the idiots on bt live chat and it's not on there script so aparrently there isn't a fault. Can anyone help the phone works 2 streets away why won'the it work in my house.

Many thanks in advance

Steve

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
DavidM
Message 2 of 2

Re: No dial tone with new phone

Hi Steve,

Welcome and thanks for posting. This certainly sounds a bit odd. Take a look at BT Verve and click in the model you have. At the bottom of the page you'll see a list of trouble shooting links. Let us know if that helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings