cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lifecsb
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

No dial tone

My BB works fine but no dial tone and when I ring the number from my mobile it rings on the mobile but not on the house phone?

I only have one box and have opened it up and tried the phone on the test socket, I have bought a new phone and completed all the tests again with the same results. How can I protect myself against BT charges for an engineer visit. I had raised a fault 3 weeks ago but had to cancel the engineer visit as I can not afford the risk of being charged if the fault is in the box. Why can they charge for faults on customers network but not compensate if the fault is on their system. Not being able to report the fault without a line test is annoying as I will need to find another connection to test it.

Any help out there.

Steve

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: No dial tone

Hello there and welcome to the forums, I know you say you have done all the tests and with a different phone, was the router disconnected when you did these tests?? also have you tried another filter. The reason I ask is when I had a similar problem to yours it turned out the Home Hub was faulty. Pat
0 Ratings
lifecsb
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

I had everything disconnected and removed the filters so phone was connected directly on the the test block on the only box in the house (the type where I had to unscrew the front plate 1st / the newer type). I was told that the BB works differently so it is possible for it to still be a line fault?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Sounds like it, if it is the box or exchange or line there should be no charge, log in a bit later and see if one of our techie members can advise you more. Pat

0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

Looks like you've tried things BT suggest on there own site:

http://www2.bt.com/static/i/microsite/help_and_tips/faults/troubleshooting/no_dial.html

Have you tried this?

clicky

As above maybe someone more technical can step in, does sound like a BT fault though.

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Hello syops, your clicky link doesn't work for me

"An unexpected error has occured" pat
0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

@Patty-L wrote:
Hello syops, your clicky link doesn't work for me

"An unexpected error has occured" pat

Thanks, for pointing that out, try it now - should work 🙂

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

Now working (what did you do) magic. I didn't need the link anyway. Pat
0 Ratings
lifecsb
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for the link. I raised it that way before. Will have to wait till I can go online somewhere else to raise a new fault and bite the bullet if I end up getting charged 😞

0 Ratings