cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

No dialling tone, Infinity working

Our phone has had no dialling tone since lightening a few days ago but Infinity is working fine.

Having checked the Infinity Faceplate this is the result

I removed the lower front socket to reveal the test socket on the RH side of the faceplate below. Plugging a known working phone in to that socket the phone still does not work. However, if I remove the Openreach filter itself it reveals a another master socket and the phone works when plugged into that socket.

Clearly there is an issue with the Openreach faceplate/filter. Is it the responsibility of BT Openreach to replace it? If so, can I just ask them to send me one or does an engineer need to call?

I phoned BT after discovering this and was told that it is my responsibility and I don't want to be incurring a £129 call out fee!! However, I'm not sure that the guy I spoke to really understood.

Any help welcome

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: No dialling tone, Infinity working

The SSFP is the responsibility of Openreach and you shouldn't be charged for it to be replaced, unless you broke it.....

Have you tried the phone with the SSFP but disconnected your BB equipment?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

If you plug a microfilter into that back socket, and plug the modem into one socket, and your phone into the other, you can then restore service without having to bother with the Openreach NTE.

This would be the same arrangement that is now used for Infinity self install, and works fine.

The Openreach faceplate is very susceptible to electrical damage.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Keith, that is what I have currently done. So are you saying there is no real need for the SSFP?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Do you have Infinity 1 or 2?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

It is unlimited Infinity 1