cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

No email connection

So **bleep** broadband speed yet only over the road from the exchange is now surpassed by email telling me that my email address and password are wrong. Come on  BT sort it and reduce my bill charges as compensation. Terrible service level

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: No email connection

Distance to the exchange is irrelevant. It's distance to the cabinet that matters for FTTC.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

If you are having a probklem with your email amd want help you will need to be more specific. Supply details hoe you access your email. ie is it through an email client or web mail. Is it a BT email account etc.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

I connect through the bt site. It used to work on yahoo too.  No reply to my fault and its now 2 days. Appalling service levels and just a message saying that bt are having problems. The problem will be when I refuse to pay my bill!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

The cabinet is even closer! I can see it as I type Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

I don't see what the distance to the cabinet has to do with your email not working.

Try this link to see if you can access your email

https://login.yahoo.com/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 8

arworsfold- You say you have been told your password and email address is wrong in an email sent to you.? I take it you are trying to log into BTyahoo. Have you tried removing whatever is in the 2 boxes and re-inputting them back in? That worked for me. I have never received an email like that. This migrating business has upset a lot of people BT should have issued a public notice about what to do when things change as it is happening in stages not all at once. 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Just to update this. Email was sorted out the next day by a really helpful member of staff. The speed has improved too with download speeds of over 30mb. Much better service than I used to get with Tiscali!  Thank you.

0 Ratings