cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alison123
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

No email on laptop as unable to sign in, reset password numerous times

No email on laptop as unable to sign in, reset password numerous times, account keeps getting locked out for SAFETY reasons - got message "account is coming to an end so check MY ACCOUNT" , when in fact my contract still has 8 months to run, Been on phone with BT for hours only to be told there is an email server problem that they are working on, unable to say how long before normal again, try every couple of hours to see if working. The sooner my contract runs out the better.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
MartinRowe57
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: No email on laptop as unable to sign in, reset password numerous times

" there is an email server problem that they are working on

I'm still on the old BT YAhoo Mail.......

Since the evening of 07/11/17 all m
y  BT email accounts have stopped downloading messages to my laptop and PC , although I can still send from my computers. I don't see any eror messages in Outllok or Thunderbird - I can connect to the servers and log in, can send messages, just can't receive messages

I can still see my incoming messages on webmail, but I prefer to see them in Outlook or Thunderbird

If it is a server error, there's nothing we can do at our end and we simply have to wait until it's fixed. In the meantime I've turned on Vacation Response via webmail for all my BT email accounts and I'm asking peole to send messages to my gmail accounts instead

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: No email on laptop as unable to sign in, reset password numerous times

@alison123 wrote:

No email on laptop as unable to sign in, reset password numerous times, account keeps getting locked out for SAFETY reasons - got message "account is coming to an end so check MY ACCOUNT" , when in fact my contract still has 8 months to run, Been on phone with BT for hours only to be told there is an email server problem that they are working on, unable to say how long before normal again, try every couple of hours to see if working. The sooner my contract runs out the better.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you say how the message you quoted was relayed to you?

Have you by any chance been getting loads of bounce messages and non-delivery emails?

0 Ratings