cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Taylor10
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

No incentive for existing customers to upgrade to Infinity

Well having been a BT customer for a number of years (and also helped beta test the home hub 4) I find

that to upgrade from my copper broadband to the Infinity package has no incentives at all.

I am currently on 18 month unlimited broadband package at a good price and a speed of 18-20 Mbits that has about 5 months to run. I have also paid my line rental for 12 months in advance and have BT sports making a move to a different supplier harder.

With infinity turning up in the village as part of the UK broadband/local council grants I thought at last here we come I can

at least double my speed for a modest monthly cost.

However on calling BT all I was offered was the standard price for an 18 month contract, no sainsbury vouchers, half price for a number of months or any other incentive to change, unlike new customers.

Needless to say having waited a long time for fibre to show up I have no plans to more than double my monthly payments

to BT to get it.

Thanks BT for looking after your loyal customers (not) and yet again giving incentives only to new customers.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: No incentive for existing customers to upgrade to Infinity

did you try the options team to negotiate a better deal  they are uk based
options team 0800 800 030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Taylor10
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for that number, just contacted BT on it and still no joy.

Only standard package costs available and NO DEALS at all.

I would have thought BT would want to get customers onto Infinity in an area

where it has only been available for less than a week and which does not have

that many premises to supply to from the exchange in the first place.

Looks like I may have to leave BT for another provider once my current contact ends,

how not to look after your customers !

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

They probably don't need to offer any great deals to existing customers because the take up of Infinity is probably high enough without having to discount it to existing customers.

Your speed on ADSL is pretty good, have you found it struggling with your needs and would you notice any benefit by going for Infinity. May be a better option trying to get a deal on what you already have and if not good then consider a move. Once you ask for your MAC code you may be contacted by the retentions team and offered a better deal.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

As it is a freephone number I would try again as you will almost certainly get a different advisor - worth another shot

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Taylor10
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I do tend to download some large files and the extra speed could be helpful but

not at the price increase BT want.

As you say take up is normally good on infinity but as our exchange only supports around

1400 properties and has only been upgraded to infinity (in the last week) due to the uk broadband

fund and local council I would think BT need to get as many customers converted as possible to make the work pay.

Having already tried 2 numbers and 2 advisors I think they have little scope to

offer anything that is not on there screen.

I will try via chat when it is available again as this is were I got my current deal from and

if that fails then so does BT.

Thanks for all your comments and assistance.

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 11

There has been offers of free upgrades to Infinity. I would echo your thoughts, just sit tight and wait for BT to come to you.
0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 11

I've had offers for free upgrades to Infinity, but it's only been free for the current duration of my contract.  They have made no promises that the bill won't go up to the normal Infinity price at the end of the contract.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

@Ectophile wrote:

I've had offers for free upgrades to Infinity, but it's only been free for the current duration of my contract.  They have made no promises that the bill won't go up to the normal Infinity price at the end of the contract.

I asked about that and I was informed that the price will go up to the full Infinity price at the end of your present contract.

0 Ratings
PoorBTservice
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

I wouldn't waste my time with BT. They think because they are a monopoly, they don't have to be competitive. I called BT the other day and asked about a deal for unlimited infinity and renewing my LRS but they offer very little and are more expensive. £26 is more than Plusnet.

They can't even compete with Plusnet, which BT own. I would check out Plusnet when your contract is up. Cheaper than BT as well.

0 Ratings