cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcsmiles1
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

No incoming calls fault

Line into house OK, line from house to exchange ok, equipment OK, fault appeared, as far as we are aware, after BT changed the wireless channel to supposedly improve the connectivity of our fibre optic broadband. Three weeks later and two engineer visits still no incoming calls and the fault unresolved. Is there anyone at BT who knows what they are doing?
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
jcsmiles1
Beginner
Message 2 of 15

Re: No incoming calls fault

Fault diagnostics carried out by us and engineers and if I dial from the landline to my husbands mobile his mobile comes up with hone calling, so the number is live on outgoing calls but we are still not able to receive incoming calls.....any further suggestions would be useful and may even assist BT
0 Ratings
jcsmiles1
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Most likely an exchange line card fault. If you have reported the fault to BT, then they should be able to fix it. Provided that you have proven that the phone is not faulty. Report it as no incoming calls, if you have not done already.

jcsmiles1
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Thank you, already reported as no incoming calls. Our phones are BT graphite phones and the engineers couldn't get anything on their test phone yet alone ours. I'm hoping engineer no. 3 will solve it, but if not what then?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Your line will need to be moved to a different piece of equipment in the exchange, this will be done by an Openreach Frame Technician as soon as someone picks up the task.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Guru
Message 7 of 15

I presume your telephony is conventional and not fibre voice access, if it is, try ringing your landline from your mobile , while you are listening to ringtone on your mobile handset but the landline not ringing, pickup (answer) the landline phone ( this will work best with an ordinary phone where picking up the handset answers the call,) if the call connects and you can hold a conversation between mobile and landline then the problem is the exchange line card not sending ringing current to line , and is fixed by changing the exchange line card or by moving your line onto another line card in the exchange, Openreach need BT Operates help to do this, report your line BNR (bell not ringing)
jcsmiles1
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

I don't mind what they do as long as it's fixed and our broadband stops dropping off around 3:20pm, one of the reasons we switched to BT Fibre Optic in the first place. The call centre stated when I queried why engineer no. 2 would resolve the issue when engineer no. 1 couldn't. I was informed that the 2nd one was multi ability...maybe we will be blessed with the third one actually correcting the fault, that would be rather good and then no more reopening fault logs.
0 Ratings
jcsmiles1
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Thank you iniltous, but that doesn't work as my mobile shows dialing and then invalid number
0 Ratings
jcsmiles1
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

My husband has informed me that they have changed the cards and it still doesn't wirk
0 Ratings