cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veits33
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

No incoming calls/number changed

ive had no incoming calls for a week so i chatted with an advisor who said i need an engineer.so ive booked one for tomorrow..but after doing line test again ive noticed that my phone number is different.do i still need an engineer or can it be fix without one.thank you xx
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: No incoming calls/number changed

Yes, you probably have a crossed line with someone else.

Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

It would be helpful to the engineer and openreach if you knew the phone number you have. try calling your mobile and making a note of the number, if its not displayed dial 1470 then dial your mobile number.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Veits33
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Yes ill make a note of number. Will it be fixed the same day do u think ? Its driving me mad having no internet .
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

@Veits33 wrote:
Yes ill make a note of number. Will it be fixed the same day do u think ? Its driving me mad having no internet .

It should be quite easy to fix, especially as you know the number that its crossed with.

Check your bills to make sure you have not been charged for calls made by the other person that has your number.

Veits33
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

because it looks like crossed lines somehow.. i shouldnt  have to pay £130 engineer call out fee..is this correct? its not my fault or my equipment does anyone agree?

thanks

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

@Veits33 wrote:

because it looks like crossed lines somehow.. i shouldnt  have to pay £130 engineer call out fee..is this correct? its not my fault or my equipment does anyone agree?

thanks

That is correct, unless you had more than one phone number in your house, and the wires were crossed over inside your house.

Veits33
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

thank you for replying..ill just have to wait till tomorrow and hopefully engineer will fix it 🙂

0 Ratings