cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mydisaster
Message 1 of 5

No incoming calls - related to cancellation of 1571?

Please help, I am getting nowhere with BT 151.  I recently switched my calls to Sky and had problems cancelling my BT Unlimited Anytime plan, and when it was eventually cancelled, after several calls and a letter, I was also advised that since my calls were at Sky, I should also cancel 1571.  The following day my phone stopped working at all for several hours, but then after a time I was able to make outgoing calls. There is a normal dialtone, an engineer has tested the line - no issue.  However, I cannot recieve incoming calls - get the message "Sorry, you can't leave a message at the moment' - and hangs up.  BT have been insisting that this is an issue with Sky, but Sky persistently deny this, and have now confirmed in writing that they have nothing to do with the ability of the line to accept calls - this is BT Line rental.  It sounds like a 1571 signal has somehow been left on the line at the exchange, effectively blocking all my calls.  This situation has been unresolved for over one month now (19th July).  Please help - as it stands, Sky blames BT, BT blames Sky, no-one can call me, and we are in deadlock.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: No incoming calls - related to cancellation of 1571?

HI This is a BTRetail customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence are the forum moderators as your provider is Sky i am afraid there is nothing that we can do here to help you. You need to go back to sky and get them to resolve the problem with BTOpenreach they are the only people who can deal with it as you are no longer a BT customer I am sorry there is nothing more to suggest to you
0 Ratings
mydisaster
Message 3 of 5

As far as I understand, I am paying BT for line rental, BT are certainly billing me.  So how can I be 'no longer a customer'?  I continue to be appalled by BT's refusal to help, now escalated to ombudsman.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 5

Hi mydisaster,

Welcome to the forum.

If you can send in your details we'll look into this for you. You can get our "Contact Us" form by clicking on my username, under "About me".

Thanks,

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Hi sorry about that it was not clear you were paying line rental to to BT I would strongly suggest you take up Stephanie's offer of help
0 Ratings