cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

No incoming email second day running - is this a bigger problem than BT likes to admit?

This is now the second day I am not getting email into my account.  I can however send email.  Talking to customer service yesterday the problem has now been raised to beyond level 2; both assistants checked my computer settings with Go To Assist without finding anything untoward.  I access my BT email through web-based servers only and do not use Outlook.  I am still on the BT Yahoo Mail service for my normal email and a new sub account I have been obliged to set up. Something appears to have gone seriously wrong - whether with the migration or not is unclear.  

Worse still, my wife is experiencing exactly the same problem.

What is going on?

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Contributor
Message 2 of 21

Re: No incoming email second day running - is this a bigger problem than BT likes to admit?

Hi I have the same problem, I was told that they would link the incoming emails to my backup email and this would be working within 24 hours. 

Looks like this is an issue that BT are trying to ignore and no one else seems to want to help you too, or commiserate with you

Are there any help forums for this subject?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Re: No incoming email second day running - is this a bigger problem than BT likes to admit?

Its rare according to their agents!

It happens when they mark your account for migration

But of course they don't tell you this, make fatuous comments when you speak to their agents who get you to send emails to tour self and then send emails to the affected account and then say

Its being escalated to 2nd level technical support, which must be a euphemism for dumped in the trash can and forgotten about and then it will all sort itself out

BT setting low standards and not even achieving those

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 21

Same issue since Sunday.

Spoken to second line support and they just laugh, I don't think it's funny.

Can't get a straight answer from then when this will be resolved.

So annonyed with BT 😞

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Now on the third day without incoming email and BT are still unable to tell me when this will be resolved; I was told today that this problem is caused by the migration and appears to affect others, such as you.

My wife and daughter have sub-accounts.  They too cannot receive mail.  Although my case is being escalated (again) today, I am told it will take up to a further 72 hours to be resolved.

Migration, judging by this and other posts, has been poorly planned and executed, for which the customer is bearing the brunt.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 21

Day three and counting

Still waiting for BT to actually do something

Funny how none of the so-called BT Tech experts on the forums are conspicious by their absence

BTFail....

Wonder who we ask for compensation from

Perhaps a formal complaint is in order

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 21

I've been told a week to fix this, but they have escalated my case. Seems that is what they are telling everyone.

I have asked for compensation, but have been told as my broadband is working I would not be entitiled to any.

BT have really messed this up and customer care has let them down badly.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

I was told there is no compensation as its a "value added service" - truly I kid you not.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

Apparently, according to Ofcom, email with an ISP is a value added service which you do not pay for therefore you do not get compensated when it does not work.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 21

What about when the problem is caused by their incompetence?

They have had 18months to plan this migration and obviously didnt do any testing or problem resultions

Perhaps I should raise at the next shareholders meeting BT incompetence

0 Ratings