cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 21

Re: No incoming email second day running - is this a bigger problem than BT likes to admit?

@CGW1962 wrote:

Perhaps I should raise at the next shareholders meeting BT incompetence

Perhaps you should. Please keep us updated with the result.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Re: No incoming email second day running - is this a bigger problem than BT likes to admit?

Well for me it's the first day. I work percular hours and when I call at 03:20am UK time I really don't want to be held in a fictious queue with all the infor that it includes. I was told about 'migration', for what that means? My account could not be found / no apologies for me 'not' being able to receive emails which I know are there and to be replied to. I do NOT expect the inial reply to be, 'I am not trained to deal with 'Outlook' enquiries' whereas this is simply a connection problem!

What get's me is that my previous ISP (since the public start something like getting on 20 years ago) had 3 days downtime. I have experienced BT having more than that in under a year with them. Whilst off topic I've experienced youview having 30plus days in the period whereas the connection was never lost but needed a hard reboot of the box.

Years ago someone told me 'never' choose BT and I never listened - I should have done! I was even lied to about Infinity 76meg connection speeds which at the best of times are around 55mbs and uplaod which is nearer (if damned lucky) 15mbs instead of a potential 20mbs! You only find this out having started the contract - Maybe I should report this to the relevant authorities as they told me prior to contract, 72.9mbs and 19.6mbs respectively? The real 'downer' is that they could not care less and operating from India and the sub-continent leaves a lot to be desired! I think those people who communicate with you sound more than discontented too with the hassle they must endure?! At least, might be a bit more but 'Virgin' here I come when this sad BT contract is ended!!

Michael (exceptionally dissaousioned to say the least!)

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Had enough of BT, currently in progress of changing my primary email from bt email to gmail, to make it easier to move when contract is up for renewal.

Only renewed in last few weeks as well so gutted I have to tolerate this for another 12 months 😞

Can't believe they have messed this up so badly, did they not the migration ? surely they must have a back out plan if this goes wrong.

There are no comments from any moderatotrs that I can see regarding this subject. It does appear to myself as a paying customer BT don't know how to resolve this currently and from the customer service I have recieved so far appear to have washed their hands of this.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Just to keep fellow-complainants updated - the odd thing about this situation is that my sub accounts appear to be both 'affected and not affected'.  My wife and daughter are in the same boat as me (from the sub accounts they can send but not receive).  However, my son can do both so has no problem.  The Level 2 assistant set up for me an additional sub account in a different name while this is ongoing and of course that works fine.  So why does this problem affect some accounts and not others?  Curious, as Alice might remark.

And still not resolved as at today, 18 Sep.

As for MichaelFreeman - ah, speed.  You have my sympathy.  Seriously.  But do spare a thought for those of us who still are trying to manage a connection of less than 1Mbps.  On a good day.  But that is a different subject for another day.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Hi guys,

Sorry for the problems you are having with the email migration.  From the sounds of it, your complaints are open with the correct team but I can check and make sure everything is being done to get this sorted.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

I've now had this problem for 7 days. Last email received on 14th Sept 2014. Account still works for sending emails, but is not receiving any. Have raised via helpdesk chat, been referred to speak to someone on the phone, filled in the email help request and received acknowledgement... but still haven't received anything that acknowledges there is a problem with BTinternet email and no communication about when it is going to be fixed.

It sounds as if there are quite a few people experiencing this problem with their BTinternet email accounts. Isn't it about time that BT started to do something about it and started communicating with their customers? We are paying for a service after all.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Hi, thanks for the offer of help. My mail is now okay. It came back yesterday. That's the good news and thanks for sorting it out. My wife and daughter who are sub accounts are still not getting theirs so help is still needed. I have logged this via email as, being now abroad, I cannot ring.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Update - I'm pleased to report that my email is now reappearing gradually. The problem seems to have been fixed. Total outage: 9 days.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 21

I have exactly the same problem - I haven't received any emails for 2 weeks . I've just had to use my husband's email address to sign up to this forum
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 21

I clicked on your user name but don't see an "about section" . I haven't received any emails in my inbox for nearly 2 weeks - getting quite desperate as all my end of month bills etc are emailed to me
0 Ratings