cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

No internet connection and abysmal service

I'm on the BT Infinity package but have had no internet connection at all since midday on Saturday 4th July. It's now the 13th July. That's 9 days and counting.

Every day since the outage began BT have promised it would be resolved by the next day, but each day comes and goes and I get a further promise that it will be resolved the following day.

The complaints team have referred to this as a MBOC ("matter beyond our control"). If it's so clearly beyond their control, why do they make promises to have it fixed by that evening or the following morning?

But it's not just this, I've had dismally disappointing service provided by BT. It's been one disaster after another:

- Wanted to charge £130 to move because there was no line in the property (fair enough if it's in the small print, but excessive)

- Agreed an 18 moth contract instead, despite the fact that I'm going back to University and I don't want another 18 month contract. Was promised a cheaper deal.

- Called back later with further information and to agree the deal, told the deal didn't exist.

- Made 5 further phone calls trying to arrange the move. Was twice told I would be called back but received no call back.

- Engineer finally booked to come 10 days after I move in.

- On the arranged date, I wait all day and no engineer turns up.

- When I call customer services to find out what happened to the engineer, I was told that my line is already activated (awful lack of communication).

- Asked how this is possible if I don't have a line, told that I "probably" did have a line.

- Ask to be removed from my 18 month contract and put back on my original one, told I need proof from BT Openzone that there already was a line. I have no idea why this is my responsibility!

- Called BT Openzone several times over the following week and get no answer to my phone calls or email.

- BT Infinity connection that was "estimated" at 38 MB is at best 18MB but sometimes only 9MB and has regular packet loss.

And finally, it drops out completely for 9 days. The first person I spoke to about my problem told me that it was due to planned maintenance and because of that I was not entitled to a refund for the days that no connection was available. He could not explain why I hadn't been notified of the planned maintenance. When I contacted the complaints team the next day, it turned out none of that was true at all. I should now receive compensation for unplanned outage. It sounds like I was fobbed off with a lie.

I can honestly say I've never been more disheartened by the service provided by a company, and will not be using BT again once I get out of my contract (whenever that may be). In fact I will be actively encouraging friends and family not to use BT.

It's funny how many people I've spoken to today have said to me "yes, BT is renowned for not delivering and poor customer service." How is this company still one of the main providers?

Just absolutely exhausted with this whole situation. Completely fed up.

I really hope the connection is still down in 3 weeks time so I can terminate the contract.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: No internet connection and abysmal service

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: No internet connection and abysmal service

Hi graham9092,

Welcome and thanks for posting!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your BT Infinity service.  MBORC (matters beyond our reasonable control) can be declared for various reasons (severe weathers, fire, vandalism etc) but that shouldn't excuse the facts that you're not getting proper updates.

We can pick this up from here and keep you updated until you're back up and running.  Click on my username and you'll see our contact us link under the "about me" section.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings