cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

No landline and no internet for 12 days

Go to solution

On the 5th February I found my telephone and landline were not working. I rang BT to let them know (30 minute wait). I was told it would be fixed by 5.00 pm on Thursday 11th February 2016. Seemed such a long time but waited patiently. Come the deadline the fault remained and I still had no service. Getting very worried and stressed - creating havoc with work and personal needs. Rang BT. Given apologies - told the first call had not been correctly processed and a new call out was now necessary. (On the record it says the first fault was "resolved" - when clearly it was not.) I was told I now needed to wait until today - Tuesday 16th February 5.00 pm. I still have no service. When I rang BT the woman said there were many many problems in the UK and many customers were having to wait months. Months! Yesterday I placed a complaint and even had a chap from India ring me to say he was taking full responsibility for my complaint and I need not worry. On the fault tracker and one BT woman told me I may need to be at home on the day the engineer worked on my fault - when I asked which day and what time I was told she couldn't tell me but probably Tuesday but she wasn't sure. It's Tuesday, I booked to be home. No BT engineer. No telephone and no internet. What more can I do to resolve this. Has anyone found a way to get faults resolved? I feel extremely distressed by it now. My iPhone bill has climbed and quadrupled my allowance. My work is being profoundly affected. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: No landline and no internet for 12 days

Go to solution
I have asked a moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Hi John46
Grateful for your response. If it gets me a step nearer to a resolution I will feel a bit better. When I get my phone and Internet back I will be more relieved than you can know. Cathy2
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Cathy2 Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for the delay in repairing your services.

We are a small team and busy at the moment, but if you need our help, we will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.  

Thanks
John

Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Hi John
I appreciate your quick response. I have no doubt you are a small team and busy. A BT Help / Complaints guy has said he will ring me tomorrow/ Wednesday 17th to check that my services came back on today. I will wait to see if he rings. I'm sorry if I begin to sound distrustful of BT but I have been given no reason to feel any confidence - 12 days of waiting, inconvenience, anxiety and delays in being able to work has taken its toll on me.

I will come back to you if I may if I get no help or definitive answers tomorrow.

As a professional used to being responsible for serving others I am finding BT astounding in its response - if I gave similar service to my clients I would lose my job, licence and career immediately. What has happened to BT? It was once such a proud company. I'm sad and mad. Mainly mad at this moment. I took time off to stay home all day today and sat by my phone. Cathy
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
As the mod team are busy at the moment and their waiting time to reply to you after the contact form is sent it I would suggest you contact the mods now and get in their mail queue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
OK will do - many thanks. Cathy
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
I have just send my response to the Mod Team. Thank you.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Just be aware they are dealing with quite a few cases at the moment. Could be at least 5-7 days before you receive a response.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks Dave. I'm pleased to say a BT engineer finally rang me at about 10.00 am today- I was at work so rushed back to see him in. In fact it was an outside job - up the telegraph pole. All fixed. Now I will look for compensation.

I have to say this forum saved my sanity. Fingers crossed all will be well now.
0 Ratings