cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldndon
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

No longer a BT customer - Large bill

Today I moved away from BT and joined another provider. I noticed that I have been issued a bill for £55, but it is for services between the 6th April and 5th May. I have made a partial payment of £10 and cancelled my Direct Debit. As I do not want to give BT £55 and then have to wait when they feel like paying me back. When will this bill be adjusted into a final bill and how will I get my money back for the excess I have already paid (£10) now that the Direct Debit is cancelled. Surely a company like BT who knew I was leaving BT today would have adjusted my bill accordingly instead of raising a bill for dates where I am not a BT customer.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
ldndon
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: No longer a BT customer - Large bill

Anyone able to help? As I can't email BT... only call and speak to people who are clueless.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 5

@ldndon Thanks for posting, if your cancellation date was after the bill production date then our billing systems will still bill you your normal advanced rental rates as you still have the option to cancel the move order up until it completes.

You should be issued a final bill within a few weeks of the cancellation order completing and this will refund the advanced rental charges and itemise any credits due. As you've cancelled the direct debit this will be issued via a cheque refund if you have over paid.

I would recommend you wait until your final bill is issued and not to worry about the last bill as the final bill will override that.

Thanks

Neil

ldndon
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks Neil!!! 🙂
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 5

@ldndon No problem, if you've any questions with the final bill our billing chat team should be able to help.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings