cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

No longer able to divert on "no answer" - service no longer available?!

Go to solution

For probably around 10 years or more I've made continued use of the "divert on no answer" calling feature to divert calls to my mobile when I'm at work or out.  It has worked well for me.

Recently, possibly after a fault on the line was resolved or me reducing some of my feature packages to those I was still using, I realised that my home phone was no longer ringing when dialled.  Anyone dialling the home phone gets a message saying "this call is being diverted" a number of times before my mobile starts ringing.  I tried different home phones and this made no difference.  Then I tried cancelling the divert and the home phone rings fine.  Switching to diverting all calls works as expected, however this isn't what I want to do.  There is little point in having a landline that I can't receive incoming calls on!  Diverting all calls, especially when I'm at home means, with lousy local mobile reception, that I end up with a voicemail message, that I'm charged for, and then have to call the person who left the message to speak to them.  A waste of money.

I spent a whole chunk of time on the phone getting through to and talking to someone who sounded as though they were in India, finally to be told that the option to divert on no answer is no longer available and that they would cancel this feature.  I told them not to do that because frankly I didn't believe them!  I tried to raise it over a webchat and after multiple disconnects was told that I'd already been informed that the feature was no longer available and again, they wanted to cancel the feature.  I declined once more and, having wasted a number of hours on this, raised a complaint via email - mistakenly thinking someone at BT UK would deal with it.  A number of messages from India have now been left on my mobile when I'm at work, driving or at home, saying they would call me back, until the last message which told me that as they had been unable to contact me they were closing the call!

I found that there was a closed fault report on my line which I reopened, specifically asking them to email me with any updates as the mobile reception is poor but the call has now been closed once more, with no updates, and no option to reopen it.

I've just logged another issue with BT reiterating my problem, and the request for updates and communication by email but I don't have high hopes.

The calling feature guide still lists the option to divert after 15 seconds usingthe code: *61*(number to divert to)#  but it still doesn't work!

Now I'm at my wit's end and posting here in the desperate hope that someone can advise me.  BT customer service has been so poor and we are reluctantly in the process of moving our broadband (unlimited faster broadband - a low speed fibre connection as we're very rural here) to BT and the thought of having these sorts of issues with BT broadband makes me feel physiically sick - I've already been driven to tears of frustration with lengthy calls, with people who don't seem to understand the problem and fail to communicate properly.

If the service really is no longer available then I'll have to accept it, but I can't find any reference to this on the website, or even on Google.  Can anyone advise on the availability, or how to contact someone at BT who can deal with the problem effectively?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: No longer able to divert on "no answer" - service no longer available?!

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

Highlighted
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi justmandy,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for the problems you are having with that feature and that you've been told it's no longer available.  I'm happy to give you a hand and to get things sorted from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Many thanks Robbie and Keith.  Once I worked out how to log in using Facebook at work I've now sent my details to the moderators.

Mandy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
Many thanks for the voicemail and email update today Adrian. I logged on tonight to see if there was an update on the fault and found it had been marked as "fixed". So I reprogrammed the phone line and found that the divert on no answer still isn't working correctly. I've reopened the fault and stated it's still not working and will wait for an update on the 18th as suggested. Thanks again for any assistance you can offer.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
Having been taken ill on 16th Dec and recently discharged from hospital I'm trying to work out what has happened about this issue. I cannot see any updates. If someone can call the landline number I am likely to be here for some time.

Thank you. Mandy
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
No further updates on this post. Can someone advise on whether I should send another message to the moderators in order to get to the bottom of the problem please. With current state of health I'd like to be able to forget about this issue, and another one pending with BT but can't until someone can advise. Thanks, Mandy
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
Sorry, just found a message from Adrian on my mobile voicemail from 19/12/14 saying that the exchange guys were saying everything was okay but wanting confirmation from me. Unfortunately I was in hospital at the time but I can confirm now that th divert still doesn't work as expected. By all means call me on the landline as I've had to cancel the divert for now but as I'm stuck at home for the next couple of mons this is less of an issue. Apologies for any typos - double vision caused by brain haemorrhage makes typing difficult. Thanks, Mandy
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi Mandy,

I hope you are feeling better now, I've left a message with Adrian asking that he contact's you back when he's next in the office.

Thanks

Neil

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
Hi NeilO,

I'm better than I was but have a way to go with the recovery. Thanks for the response, that's perfect!

Kind regards, Mandy
0 Ratings