cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smirnoff
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 18

No mention of contract expiry date on bill?

Go to solution

I realise that when you enter into a new contract with BT you receive written details of start date, services etc.

When logging in to My BT and viewing current balance, phone, broadband etc, I cannot see any reference to the contract period.

Viewing my latest bill lists various services and charges along with any discounts etc. but again I can't see any reference to contract length or expiry date.

Perhaps I'm missing a link somewhere? Woud appreciate advice.

I know that I could always dig out the original contract confirmation letter but it's normally buried at the bottom of a drawer somewhere. I  assume BT has to send you a letter of confirmation for legal reasons but I thought the idea was to go paper free!

Unless I AM missing something I fail to see why the contracted period is not clearly shown on my bill.

17 REPLIES 17
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 18

Re: No mention of contract expiry date on bill?

Go to solution

You're not missing anything - unhelpfully, BT don't provide an easy way to look up your contract end date. You should be able to get an immediate answer from Billing Live Chat though.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Smirnoff
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know I'm not missing anything.

As you say, VERY unhelpful of BT. Would have thought it would be easy to include contract details in billing information.

One other thing, I followed your link to Billing Chat Live but don't see the option in Contact Us. What's the long way round please? Thanks.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution
Smirnoff
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks for another direct link to the Chat form.

Have checked Contact Us in the forum and signed in to My BT and done the same.

However, apart from the links given by pottyperson and yourself and also searching for BT Live Chat, I can find no direct link to it in the My BT or forum pages. I was wondering if BT wanted to keep it a secret, that's why I asked pottyperson for the long way round.

0 Ratings
Smirnoff
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Well it seems that if you wish to contact BT about any particular subject and you plough through FAQs, pre-set questions, "did this answer your question", more information etc., you MAY be given the option to "Chat with us online".

Very much a last resort instead of being an obvious option in Contact Us or Help.

As stated earlier, unless I was told about it in this thread I would have been none the wiser. I could hardly do a web search for it if I didn't know the service existed.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

If you go to "Contact Us" > Bill or Account > Phone or Broadband Bill > Live chat is at the foot of the box.

Smirnoff
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Obviously one of the routes I didn't take as not all have the option.

Nice to have a shortcut to it.

Thanks very much.

0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

But why isn't the contract expiry date shown within the My Account section?  Is this a sneaky way of hiding it so that people give up looking and just stay put becasue its easier?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

It's not helpful. Maybe it's a sneaky way of hiding it so that people keep a diary.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.