Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dazzh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

No notification of price increase.

Go to solution

I've checked my account, using the link supplied in other posts, which shows my bill will increase from January 2018.

Neither myself or my son and daughter, who all moved to BT around the same month, have received any email/letter informing us of the price increase. I think this is required in order that we then have 30 days to tell BT we are leaving.

I did a live chat to try to find out however they just stated the emails/letters were being sent out daily.

How much notice do BT require to give us?

Sorry if this has been asked before but when I searched there were quite a few posts about the increase.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
NeilO
Message 2 of 7

Re: No notification of price increase.

Go to solution

@dazzh BT are sending personal notifications to every customer from 3 November to 7 December 2017 as we need to give you one months notice.

dazzh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks very much @NeilO. I was just concerned that others appear to have been informed already I appreciate that there will be quite a few customers to update. 

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

My partner, not the account holder, received an email about this yesterday.  I, the account holder, seldom receive such messages.  It must be a quirk of the way our MyBT is set up but I dread trying to fix it.

Geoff

vayidm
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
You can't fix it. BT's system holds details that you can't see or change on myBT. I phoned up this week and got a copy of the price increase email BT sent, it had been sent to an old email address not on the mybt account, which had been changed since 2016, so plenty of time for them to correctly email me.

Also had my YouView box posted to an old address on the account a while back, even though I had left that address 2-3 years before and had the current address set in the account page it still got sent out. So someone got a free box on BT's account.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@vayidm

You are posting on a solved post 

0 Ratings
vayidm
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
It might be "solved" but it's information others might find handy if they've not been notified (sent to the wrong email or an old email not on the mybt account section.)
0 Ratings