cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

No one managing Open Reach!

We're in the fortunate position of having infinity installed in the area, but the unfortunate position of having open reach be responsible for the works.

5 weeks ago they started and within the hour they cut through our phone cables - 4 days without phone.

Yesterday my heart sank as they returned. I spoke to a rather obnoxious foreman who asked why I wasn't pleased to be having the upgrade. I don't mind the upgrade, just the inconvenience of having the phone line cut with no notice. He explained that the machine they use will probably cut the cable again as the cable isn't buried deep enough, but he continued anyway. Sure enough, within the hour, we're all off again.

I raised the fault, they disappeared, and now we get to wait.

Who manages these clowns? If they know a method is inappropriate, why carry on?

No one from BT seemed to want to take open reach to task, all they could do was log the fault! Disgusting customer service from both members of the BT group.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: No one managing Open Reach!

A few months ago BT made some encouraging noises about improved customer service. I meant to keep a reference but forgot, so if anyone else can put their finger on it I'd be grateful.

Anyway, two things stick in my mind - a promise to kick Openreach's butt and another to ensure that customers with particularly intractable problems would get a dedicated troubleshooter to see their issue through to resolution. Neither of these promises seem to have come to life thus far.

The moderators of this forum have for a few years been very good in the troubleshooting role, but that's not the same as getting an automatic service as the need arises. If your problem persists report back here though, as you say, BT Retail don't generally have much influence over Openreach.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 3 of 4

Not sure who has much influence over Openreach!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Not sure what had the biggest impact in the end but I raised a fault with BT who gave me a resolution date of 24th Feb, I reported that someone was damaging open reach property via open reach website, and also reported the fault and generally gave the contractors manager a hard time. Either way an open reach engineer was magicked from thin air and I am now back reconnected.
0 Ratings