Did you mean: 
Kami666
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

No one seems to help

Go to solution

Hi 

Background to my issues

We were with BT for phone and broadband for 2 years then moved to John Lewis but had issues with connection speed and line noise (this part they sent out an engineer and seemed to help the issue), anyway it was the end of the contract to decided to switch back as we had no issues previously.

Phone and broadband switched over in May to BT, once switched over we noticed we were only getting 1mb download speed the line is capable of a steady 7mb. So called BT to find out the issue this is when  the call centre noticed the issue of noise on the line which was so bad the found it difficult to here our call. Engineer booked to come out the following Wednesday, which we organised my father to be in attendance as its a holiday home and we wouldnt be there. Anyway no engineer turned up so after many calls to India they could not offer any reason why they didnt turn up. Engineer booked again for the following week, again orgainsed my father  to attend, the engineer turned up but couldnt find any fault so left within 5 minutes with no real explanation.

Again calls to India and another engineer booked again for the following week this time a broadband boost engineer as it was described.

I organised to be in attendance myself taking time off work, the engineer turned up and was very helpful, check the line done some tweaks knew about some work that had been carried out in the immediate area that was probably the cause for the noise on the line but this seems to be solved, check the broadband and sure enough connection speed of 1.125mb tried various things but could not improve it. He went to the exchange and check the line same thing showing it was capable of 8Mb but only getting 1.125mb it was then it was noted that BT Broadband were had only requested a fix rate service and not ADSL max therefore the line is restricted. He cannot change there service as this has to come from the provider. 

So another call to India, for over two hours trying to explain what i had been told, only to get passed around to have to do the same thing over and over.at the end of the call eventually they agreed to speak to BT Wholsale and get us moved to the correct product. That was two weeks ago, I am currently on the phone to BT again and now i am being told that they need to do a cease and reprovide so will lose all service for 3 weeks till it is reprovided, and that nothing had been done since my last call and that they shouldnt have said what they said. 

Its so frustrating, now when talking to BT we have been cut off and i have been put back in a que which was over an hour this morning 

Please can someone help

It shouldnt be this hard to get a service

Thanks in advance

Derek

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: No one seems to help

Go to solution

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router you may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or if HH4/5 then go to troubleshooting then logs and you are looking for 2 line together when hub last connected to internet and they will show your connection speed and noise margin or if netgear enter 192.168.0.1). Then run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results ( do not reset the router).

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Kami666
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
HI the BT Speed tester comes up with this The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider. tried various times almost 3 hours on the phone to BT only to get cut off and no one calls back please help
0 Ratings
Kami666
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

This is the detials from the event log

18:34:09, 30 Jun.( 77.510000) DSL is up
18:34:08, 30 Jun.( 76.430000) DSL noise margin: 19.00 dB upstream, 31.20 dB downstream
18:34:07, 30 Jun.( 76.360000) DSL line rate: 288 Kbps upstream, 1152 Kbps downstream
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

certainly stats show 1mb fixed conenction  mods will be able t help and will post contact us link here  can you enter phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 2/3 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Kami666
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

hi

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number **Edited** on Exchange COCKBURNSPATH

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

ADSL Max Up to 8 -- 7 to 8 Available -- --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- --

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market A Exchange.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note:

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

please delete your phone number for your security

mods wll post here shortly

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Kami666

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

It does look like you're on a fixed rate 1meg service from looking at what you have posted.  I'll be able to help with the regrade to the max product from here to get your speed up to the fastest the line can support.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Kami666
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Robbie

thanks for your reply, i have contacted you directly as requested

thanks for helping

Derek

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Now you have completed be email mods will, contact you in 1/2 working days 

0 Ratings