cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

No outgoing calls when in Canada

Hi,

Both I and my partner have bt mobile and while we were abroad (Canada) we were unable to make any outgoing calls to Canada and UK as well.

I called the 150 UK help number a few times and although the guys were trying there utmost to help us there was no solution. Both roaming and international calls were enabled and these details were checked numerous times by the help team and myself as well.

We tried restarting the phone, connecting to other networks (connected to one nework only "Rogers") with no luck at all.

Also, the customer support recommended "turning on roaming data to see if it helps??" but I got stung by roaming charges of £33.359 for 6.67mb (£5.0/mb). I would like these refunded as I had no intention to use data while in Canada. 

This was very stressfull time for us as we were expecting a call from NHS about the results from an operation and the BT issue made things a bit more complicated trying to call UK by staying at home all time in order to use Wi-fi only.

Can a moderator please help me out because we are both looking into moving away from BT?

Thanks,

Dimitris

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: No outgoing calls when in Canada

Hi @DZ1,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you had. I hope you got word back from the NHS and all will be ok.

Have you spoken with our billing team at this link BT Billing Help?

If you need our help instead, come back and let me know.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. Everything went well regarding the NHS.

Sorry for being thick but why should I contact the BT Billing Help? In order to get a refund?

Can you please look into my case when you have some time and let me know what was wrong?

I may stay with BT so I need to be sure phone will work next time when abroad.

Thanks,

Dimitris

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

The billing team would have looked into refunding charges for you today.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take us a couple of working days before we can reply to you but we will @DZ1.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings