cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljh
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

No phone but broadband O.k - also correct procedure to report problems

Phone line dead since early afternoon, reported online and quickly went through to status:

"The problem may be located in or very close to your premises. An Openreach Engineer is currently investigating your fault. You will be contacted shortly to update you with our progress or to arrange an appointment if required."

great i thought someone would contact me(left email and mobile number)

BUT........

apparntlly it has not been reported to engineers, only when i phoned this evening it has now been reported - what is the correct procedure?

secondly concerned that broadband will be affected - I work form home and could have a major issue if that happens, how can my phone work and broadband not?

any help/comments much appreciated

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
barry505
Contributor
Message 2 of 20

Re: No phone but broadband O.k - also correct procedure to report problems

Dont belive a word they say I have had this same problem for 8 days now , and I had the same thing for 29 days in 2009, the fault tracker on here does not work either so dont rely on that it says my repair would be done by moday gone

0 Ratings
barry505
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Bt are now giving me a repair date of the 12th of April so dont hold your breath

0 Ratings
ljh
Beginner
Message 4 of 20

yes i am not holding my breath after today
0 Ratings
ljh
Beginner
Message 5 of 20

Duff information BT - get it right!!

phone line dead since yesterday, reported on line but according to BT should have reported by phone!!

anyway call centre said last night that engineer booked for today, got day off work short notice and have lost pay - guess what - no engineer booked and does not need to access inside house anyway!!, all neighbours o.k it is just us

I am really fuming Woman Mad

1) speaking to Indian call centres who I have to explain myself over and over

2) Have one mobile between us which DH needs for work

3) mobile phone calls costing a fortune

4) BT take an age to get through to and i don;t get a clear answer

, i do not have the time and patience and

It ihas only been one day and i have had enough

0 Ratings
barry505
Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Re: Duff information BT - get it right!!

welcome to the world of BT non Service i have now waited 8 days but have been given a repair date of 12 April

I suppose it could be said I at least have a date but that has taken approiximatly 5 hours talking to india

Dont bother with the online fault checker thats no use either

Community Manager - Retired
Message 7 of 20

Hi ljh,

If you're having trouble getting the fault progressed send in your forum username and BT account details to us and we'll take care of it.

You can get our email address by clicking on my profile (it's under "about me".

Thanks,

Stephanie
Highlighted
optatus
Beginner
Message 8 of 20

could be a number of things, have you tried plugging just a phone into the test socket in the master socket? If the phone still doesn't work then it's more than likely an engineer would be needed, either at the exchange (no charge) or at your premises (probable charge)

0 Ratings
barry505
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Its a waste of Time contacting the moderators, I did over the issue of the fault tracker and they have not bothered to respond so rather like the rest of this site it has no value other than to save bt money and keep a few from phoneing

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

barry 505 if you care to read your other thread you will see you have a moderators response to you

incase you have problems finding it  this may help http://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Its-fairly-obvious-that-this-forum-is-very-much-BT-service-based/t...

0 Ratings