cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

No phone....no Internet

Ok...hi forum and BT. Today I lost all phone services and my BT broadband. No dialling tone. It was noted by my son that an engineer was working on the telegraph pole which my line connects to at about 1130 today. I noticed at 1430 that my internet was down and I had no phone dialling tone. Obviously trying to report this without a phone was a nightmare. I ended up getting my son to phone the fault through as the BT fault service would not allow me to report via my mobile (O2)...that's the first gripe!...the mobile contact number on the web site just bumps you off for not phoning from a BT LINE,...next....help desk (India) calls me and tells me it will take 3 days to fix!!!!......hang on!...this is a potential fault caused by Open-reach or some other contractor up the pole!....why should I wait 3 days?.....and the response from the help desk was ...that's the way it is sir!......very poor BT.....and if I'm without a phone or internet for 3 days!!!........will you reimburse me the costs!?.......
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: No phone....no Internet

3 working days is the normal response time for Openreach on a fault you will be compensated your line rental  if it goes beyond 3 working days

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi. I understand the 3 day bit......what I don't understand is Openreach have caused the fault but I have to suffer and wait 3 days until they fix something they did????
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Hi chasb441,

I've offered to help with this on this post.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings