cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 11 of 17

Re: No real speed increase... Am I being unreasonable?

The profile resets are handled by Openreach not B.T, Openreach unfortunately have much faith in DLM and figure that DLM will configure your line to a suitable speed whilst stabilising it at the same time.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Mortalwombat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Fair comment Aarong, but the engineer I had was from Openreach and he said my line is still artificially capped at 40mbps so no amount of DLM is going to uncap it.  He also said that he couldn't uncap it as that was down to BT.  He showed me his list of jobs that he had been to before me and they all had "Capped?" written next to the job notes...

There is obviously either some kind of issue with the network that is preventing BT from wanting to raise peoples profiles or BT and Openreach would just prefer to play customer Tennis until you give up and go away.  It appears to me that other companies are better at offering and supporting BT's network and services than BT are....

But thanks for the reply 🙂

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 13 of 17

No problem buddy, don't know why he would say it's down to B.T, well it would be firstly, but B.T would have to pass it on to Openreach anyways, "capped" seems awefully weird, maybe a load of banded profiles are going around who knows!

Either way, another profile lifting etc are all done by Openreach, if you are lets say on a banded profile, DLM will eventually lift this once if and when the line stabilises, it could take days or weeks, again who knows!
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

What does your upstream profile show on the BT speedtester?

If it's 10meg you're still on the 40/10 product.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Mortalwombat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Hi Webby,

No my upstream profile shows as 20Mbps which I agree should be the 80/20 but when I log into my BT account it still shows as upto 38Mbps (unless they just haven't changed it yet) but the Openreach Engineer says I am definitely only receiving 40Mbps out of the Cabinet, so I'm never going to see an increase.  I remember his equipment showing I am 0.7km from the cab (dunno if thats a great deal)

Thnx for your input matey 🙂

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 16 of 17

That could be the one of the issues as to your speeds, others could be deterioration of the your line and joints up to your house.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

At 700m from the cabinet you'll be lucky to get much more than 40meg.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings