Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Message 21 of 31

Re: No response

@imjolly wrote:

I am asking as you say - a 24/7 connection of your internet without any manual intervention for  the 10 day training period.  the router being powered up is not the same.  during training the router may and often does restart the internet connection during the training period and this is normal

Notwithstanding the comments the OP wishes to make regarding your query .....

And I can see where you're coming from with your question Don ....

I had considered the upgrade, and in my estimation by the level of interleave set, the lack of uncorrected errors

and the SNRm set .... the line has met its MSR.

(whilst not wanting to dispute the OP about the lack of line noise, I do think the line quality could be in question)

.....  and fixable.  With advice from this forum, and the resources it has to hand.  IMO  )    😉

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 31

@RogerB wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

I am asking as you say - a 24/7 connection of your internet without any manual intervention for  the 10 day training period.  the router being powered up is not the same.  during training the router may and often does restart the internet connection during the training period and this is normal

Notwithstanding the comments the OP wishes to make regarding your query .....

And I can see where you're coming from with your question Don ....

I had considered the upgrade, and in my estimation by the level of interleave set, the lack of uncorrected errors

and the SNRm set .... the line has met its MSR.

(whilst not wanting to dispute the OP about the lack of line noise, I do think the line quality could be in question)

.....  and fixable.  With advice from this forum, and the resources it has to hand.  IMO  )    😉

I can also see where your comments are coming from and my thinking was that finding the connection lower than previous that OP had restarted router a few times to try and get connection back which would fall in line with your thoughts of line problem or perceived problem( if restarts) 
Still as you say up to OP on how to progress

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 23 of 31

"I can also see where your comments are coming from and my thinking was that finding the connection lower than previous that OP had restarted router a few times to try and get connection back which would fall in line with your thoughts of line problem or perceived problem( if restarts)"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it was a restart problem during line training, the MSAN would just restart and pick up where it left off basically. And had those restarts been excessive (IF) either of 2 things would have happened .... it would either have hit "lineflap" mode and gone into 12 pulses/24hours period attention span from the MSAN ... or it would have continued to raise the noise margin beyond 15db ... and banded the line, whether the MSAN had finished going through its entourage of various line training modes or not. ( of which adding middle interleave is half way down the options list).

I think it's seen its MSR ... applied the interleave to error correct, as well as trellis modulation, and is in the throws of bringing down the noise margin to the 3db level, or as close as it can. But it's not moving any lower because of the amount of line error correction that's taking place.

And why I think it needs a SSFP.

Also (not wanting to upset the OP either) I don't think the choice of router helps either.

😉

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 31

Be interesting if a SSFP corrected the problem when connecting to test socket has done nothing to improve the connection.  the speed is way below what you would expect from the attenuation taking into account noise margin is still about normal 6db.

I suppose you could try and nborrow another router to see if that helped your connection but it may well require mod assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 25 of 31

Well I did do some quick calcs (till it did my head in) .... and concluded a 50% drop in linespeed was excessive for the error counts and INP .... but of course I can't see the router runtime. (which is good enough reason alone to ditch it)  🙂

But strangely enough the OP may not have noticed, but the margin came down 1db from his last stats when he reset earlier on ... and it did squat to the line sync speed, even in daylight.

That tells me that the MSAN/router line negotiation had not even "considered" a faster linespeed, because of bit error correction depth.

I would have expected a 30-35% drop though, by the look of the error counts.

But it does still leave me wondering .... about the exchange 21CN setup, and whether it is ... fully concluded.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 31

It took me a whole month to get anywhere,

People on this forum have helped me 100x more than any BT Support has!

-Lewis
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 31

As OP has checked his internal wiring and  has connected to test socket and getting no improvement then I would contact the mods for assistance  - could still try a different router to see if that helps before contacting mods just in case that is the problem

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you

when your connection is fixed I would expect about 9mb connection speed on a good line with no noise

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 31

Thanks for the discussion and "reasoning" here, it seems like we are on the same page. 🙂 The speed is not explained by the figures.

As for the choice of router, I'm hard to upset. 🙂 Got a Billion Bipac 7700N, simply because I can fit in to the network infrastructure here. (I can put it in the 10.x.x.x sub net for a starter, and it allows for more than one wireless network simultaneously. And when I have swapped between then BT hub and the Billion it has always given me higher and stable ADSL speeds. I've done that a couple of times in the past, as a sanity check.)

I have tried with the BT router here now too, did that before even reporting this as a fault... Did it yesterday evening too. But it trains to the same speed. Admittedly I haven't left it on for more than maybe a couple of hours, since it hiders me in my job and cut out half of our wireless capacity. But during that period I have seen no change in line speed or quality reported.

And as I said initially, this is the third time in a year I have this phenomena. Both previous times I have had the reply after quite a bit of discussion back and forth with support that a hardware fault has been identified on the BT equipment. And the problem have been fixed in a week. To then be stable for months...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 29 of 31

Seems there's no harm in dropping an email in to the moderators ... with a link to this thread.

And as the exchange has changed now over to 21CN ... it's worth getting the line configuration checked by them.

And it's free !  🙂

They are BT emplyees, and not responsible for your past failures at getting things sorted .... but worth a try.

It will get sorted one way or another.   😉

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 31

Thanks everyone! Have conteacted the mods now, so we'll have to wait and see.

0 Ratings