Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard1970
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

No signal after moving to BT Mobile

Go to solution

i moved to bt thought i was doing the right move ,,i saw the sim only deal at 5 pound per month,,,,,,BOY i was wrong,,,no signal in house no signal outside,,,,,cannot even send texts till the phone gets in range 15 miles from house,,,,,i spoke to advisor   u broke the contract due to me getting now signal ,,,,,,,, i have to pay fees now even though it is not my fault,,,,,,,bt worse mobile service ever,,,,,,,theres no ee masts in my area,,,i live in n,ireland

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 7

Re: No signal after moving to BT Mobile

Go to solution

Hi @richard1970

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having since moving over to BT Mobile.  I have moved your post to start your own thread as that's the best thing to do.

Send over your details so that we can look into this for you from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@richard1970 wrote:

i moved to bt thought i was doing the right move ,,i saw the sim only deal at 5 pound per month,,,,,,BOY i was wrong,,,no signal in house no signal outside,,,,,cannot even send texts till the phone gets in range 15 miles from house,,,,,i spoke to advisor   u broke the contract due to me getting now signal ,,,,,,,, i have to pay fees now even though it is not my fault,,,,,,,bt worse mobile service ever,,,,,,,theres no ee masts in my area,,,i live in n,ireland

surely you checked BT/EE reception in your area before you bought the sim - that is up to you not BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @richard1970

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me this afternoon.

Sorry for the problems you've had with your mobile reception.  I'm pleased that everything is being dealt with now by the mobile team as discussed with you during our call today.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
richard1970
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for all ur help
.if they had masts here I would off had stayed
0 Ratings
Redwill2106
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

On a similar note, We have three BT mobile contracts and cannot send or receive texts unless we place the phones at the front of our house and hope they send/receive which is intermittent at best.

We contacted BT yesterday and were told there was nothing they could do. 

Surely BT must have a similar device to other providers to boost the mobile signal. We don't live in a remote area.

I have a contract with talkmobile and have no issues whatsoever.

Unfortunately BT will now lose three mobile contracts and probably our infinity and tv contract, which is sad.

Customer service sadly lacking.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I guess that I am also another lucky one. . .

I have literally just activated my new SIM, and only occasionally get 1 bar of coverage; that was after originally checking before the order that there is suitable coverage according to BT's map.

This is just wonderful!

0 Ratings