cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bob_is_the_builder
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

No signal where there was previously a good signal

I have had BT Mobile for about 15 months, and until about a week ago, got a good signal at home (SY14 8**).

For the past week or so, I have had a continuous "No service" message on my phone when at home.  I can only get a signal when I move away from home. Elsewhere, the phone works fine.

I have tried to check the service via the Troubleshooting page, and while my mobile number appears at the top, there is an "unrecognised" indication in the icon further down the page. This means that I can't proceed with the check, and apparently I can't report any fault to BT.

Can anyone suggest how I can get some indication of what's wrong from BT?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
bob_is_the_builder
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: No signal where there was previously a good signal

When I say "unrecognised" on the Troubleshooting page, the actual icon says "Image not available" and a line of text below says "Currently not available", so I can't select my (correct) mobile number shown at the top of the page.
0 Ratings
bob_is_the_builder
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

What is going on here? 1 hour after I posted the last message, the signal returned for the first time in a week - 3 out of 4 dots on the iPhone.

We'll see if this is a blip, or whether the problem is solved.  Watch this space.

0 Ratings
bob_is_the_builder
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Yes it was a blip.  The signal disappeared after an hour or so - back to "No Service" since.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Too many BT Mobile users connected to your local cell site, so it will refuse any new connections. If a call was in progress when you had a good signal, it would not have been disconnected.

If you checked it in the middle of the night, you would probably find a good signal.

The signal level is dependent on the number of active users connected, so is not a very reliable indication of coverage. The coverage maps assume no active connections.

With data connections its a similar situation.

See this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/BT-mobile-service-status/m-p/1656518#M5024

0 Ratings