P.S. No error messages.

0 Ratings
ColinB_Sport
Retired BT Expert
Message 12 of 23

Re: No video on my iMac

Go to solution

Hi AlexCarr,

Thanks for getting back to me. From what you're describing, it sounds like Flash is disabled for the BT Sport website in Firefox on your Mac. When you're on the player page, try clicking on the plugin icon in the top left corner (it's to the right of the back button, and to the left of the padlock). If Flash is disabled you'll see "Allow https://sport.bt.com to run "Adobe Flash"?" after clicking this, and there should be an option to "Allow and remember". Could you give this a try and see if it works?

0 Ratings
AlexCarr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

Hi Colin - The plug icon when hit says Flash is enabled. However, the lock icon to the right has a yellow triangle attached to it containing an exclamation mark; when selected I read two messages... "sport.bt.com is not secure" & "Permissions - you have not granted this site any special permissions." Where to go + what to do?

0 Ratings
ColinB_Sport
Retired BT Expert
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

Hi AlexCarr,

That all sounds as expected. When you say you click "watch" and just see a grey box - is there a spinning ciricle in the middle, or is it just a plain grey block?

Can you try watching a Champions League replay? If you click here, it'll take you to the Man City game from a few weeks ago.

If that does work, I'd like to double check your cookie settings - that's in Firefox>Preferences>Privacy. If you select "Use custom settings for history" from the drop down menu, check that "Accept cookies from sites" is ticked and make sure "Accept third-party cookies" is set to "Always".

AlexCarr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

Hi Colin - To answer your Qs:

- After clicking Watch there is no spinning circle, just the gray and black screen; however, immediately prior to the Watch screen there is a momentary spinning circle, which is then superseded by the Watch screen;

- The Man City game is no longer available. However, as I mentioned in a previous post, I can watch pre-recorded video; no issues at all there.

- I've sorted the cookie menu as per yr suggestions.

As I understand it, being broadband customer I should be able to access anything on BT Sport 1, but I can't get any kind of live transmission on my Firefox browser. Any further ideas?

0 Ratings
ColinB_Sport
Retired BT Expert
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

Hi AlexCarr,

Thanks for answering these - after changing the cookie options I assume it still didn't work?

The Man City game is still there, but it'll only be available if you have BT Sport Pack. With your broadband you'll have access to BT Sport Lite which is BT Sport 1 and BT Sport Extra 1 - if you also have BT TV or have upgraded to BT Sport Pack then you'll get all of the channels. Instead, can you try this Europa League replay from last season? This match was shown on BT Sport 1, so you should be able to access it. I know you've mentioned you can watch on-demand content, but could you try this replay too please? Not all videos are made available in the same way, so it'll help me work out what's going on. Since Chrome works for you, there won't be an account issue, so it's something specific to the set-up/configuration in Firefox.

0 Ratings
AlexCarr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

Hi Colin - Yes, I was able to watch the Europa League replay, no problem there. Actually we don't have a TV; my 12 yr old has an Xbox, an iPad and a phone and he gets by with that stuff. So, streaming is how I watch football so not having access to the BT Sport 1 on Firefox is v. tiresome. As to the Firefox set-up... presumably Preferences is the place where app profile has to be calibrated... but then, as I mentioned previously, BT Sport did work quite well and then it didn't... unless I can sort this problem out it's a bit pointless upgrading to the Sports Pack. In the meantime Thank You for your help so far and fingers crossed a result can be achieved at some point.

0 Ratings
ColinB_Sport
Retired BT Expert
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

Hi AlexCarr,

Thanks for trying that as quickly - good news that it's working. That's ruled out a problem with Flash in Firefox and also confirmed that your account is ok. This does suggest it could be cookies, but we've already confirmed the settings are ok. We are starting to run out of other things to try, but it might be worth doing the following:

1. Resetting Flash local storage: System Preferences (via Apple icon in top left) > Flash Player > Storage (tab) > Delete All... > Delete Data
  2. Resetting Firefox - all details here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

No problem to help - hopefully we can get this sorted for you soon.

0 Ratings
AlexCarr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

Hi Colin - Thanks for getting back. I've refreshed Firefox, as you suggested & also Delete Data in Flash. I have one Q: in Flash > Storage there are three buttons, each giving the option of allowing or not allowing sites to save info on my drive; The "Block all sites from storing infol on this computer" is selected and I'm wondering if this might affect the BT account in some way? Anyway, I'll see what Premier League game BT is  transmitting on Saturday and will let you know the status of the live feed. Thanks again.

0 Ratings
ColinB_Sport
Retired BT Expert
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

Hi AlexCarr,

That's exactly what it's going to be - I can see the same problem as you if I select "Block all sites from storing information on this computer".

If you do the following, I'm hopeful this will resolve your issue:

• Apple icon (top left) > System Preferences > Flash Player
    • Select "Allow sites to save information on this computer"
    • Select "Local Storage Settings by Site"
      • If there are any websites listed, remove them - a quick way of doing this is to click any of them, press (cmd + a) on your keyboard and then select the "-" button in the bottom left.

Let me know how you get on. Here's a direct link to the BT Sport 1 player to test.

0 Ratings