cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frasoo
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Noise margin and max data rate dropping

Two days ago I had BT infinity activated. The speeds have been excellent, maxed out the 80mbps rate of infinity 2. The max data rate was 132mbps when I first got it activated (which I know is excellent, this is since i'm only ~40m from the cabinet). This has however dropped to 122mbps since then (In only two days!) and the noise margin has also dropped. If this is dropping 5mbps a day, it will soon eat into my data rate. Is this normal? What is causing this? 

Day 1

Screenshot_41.png

Day 3

Screenshot_40.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Noise margin and max data rate dropping

Is this a new cabinet? If so, more people will be taking up service and the most people the more crosstalk there will be (to a certain limit). Until your sync rate actually drops below 79999 (which is very unlikely being only 40m from the cab) I wouldn't let it concern you. When your line is activated DLM will monitor the line and make changes it feels necessary to keep the line stable. Just keep an eye on the DSL connection time, that's the most important thing really.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

I was one of first on my cab and had stats similar to your but this has now fallen significantly over a period of 2 years but my attainable is still above infinity 2 cap and noise margis is still above the norm of 6db  my cab is now full and waiting for additional capacity

as long as you stay stable and above infinity 2 cap then your conenction is ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Frasoo
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

It has now been a week and it has dropped to 109mbps! This has now dropped over 20mbps in one week. Will it drop much futher? What are your stats @imjolly?

Screenshot_44.png

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Who knows what it'll drop to. Unless your connection rate doesn't reduce then there's nothing to worry about.

Crosstalk seems to have quite a profound affecr intially but tails off. There's a "max" amount of crosstalk that acn affect your line if you will.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

it may still fall but you are closer to the cab than I am from your attenuation so maybe not much further and noise margin still very good at 14db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings