cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 46

Re: Noise margin change and speed loss

Go to solution

btstats.JPGHeres my current router stats. I think g.inp is now enabled as my speed is stable at faster than my max attainable speed?

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 46

Go to solution

@shermsta wrote:

Heres my current router stats. I think g.inp is now enabled as my speed is stable at faster than my max attainable speed?

That's nothing to do with G.Inp. Your actual speed doesn't vary unless a resync occurs but your max attainable fluctuates continuously as your line conditions vary and can be faster or slower than actual.

DLM may increase your speed further if it thinks your line is stable enough to reduce your SNRM to 3dB

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 46

Go to solution
hi, Yes I have seen that my max attainable speed goes up and down, just with refreshing the router page I can see that. So how long you think I need to be stable at my current speed before the DLM decides to push my speed up or down? It's been 8 days and no disconnects?
0 Ratings
Message 44 of 46

Go to solution

Its already moved it from 6dB to 5dB, but that may be as far as it thinks your line will cope with. You'll just have to wait and see what happens I'm afraid.

Message 45 of 46

Go to solution

Capture.JPG

Hi all, It looks like my router restarted during the night. Cant really see much difference than before, anyone know what this restart could have been for?

On another note were having a smart meter installed tomorrow and the power will have to be off for about 30 mins to an hour. Will this upset the router and maybe the DLM. Am I better off turning the power off to the router using the button on it as I heard this tells the DLM the user did it and not a fault.

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 46

Go to solution

One isolated drop of power won't trigger DLM to take action.

0 Ratings