Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glenhill68
Expert
Message 1 of 5

Noise margin reduces each day

Go to solution

Hi,

I have noticed my noise margin starts around 6.3db rhen each day seems to reduce and gets down to around 3.9db. If the box restarts it goes back up to 6.3db then drops each day again.

Is this anything to worry about?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Noise margin reduces each day

Go to solution

Is the dropping noise margin causing your router to reset often?  Have you done quiet line test to check for line noise when you see noise margin dropping

its not unusual for noise margin to reduce as the lines get busy and noisier at night and then recover the next day just to repeat the next day

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
glenhill68
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. No, it isn't causing resets. The line nosie test is fine. It stays in the 4's during the day.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

The noise margin is being dropped to about 3db on good lines as a trial which gave a slight speed improvement. As long as it is not causing your connection to drop then I would just leave it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
glenhill68
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Fair enouigh. I guess if it isn't causing disconnections then all is ok. thanks.

0 Ratings