cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pedro21
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Noisy Line - Fixed, but still noise

Reported a noisy line on the 9th Octoter and had a BTOR visit on the 13th October. He had replaced the connections in the local cabinet (Deal Exchange 24) as they where dirty.

Whilst at the property he tested both the test socket and the front plate and said that the line was fine, but it could be a "Ghost fault" that might reoccur.

Around an hour later I had to phone the office to get some details for work I was doing and the line was still noisy. Tried an old analouge phone and there was still noise. Telephoned 151 and was told to give the line 24hrs and that was it.

I reraised the fault on the 15th October, but I am still awaiting any information.

My ISP have told me to keep a ping graph going and also to monitor the router stats as my internet connection is currently unstable due to the line noise problems.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Noisy Line - Fixed, but still noise

Are you a bt customer as this forum is for BT residential customers. Your posts do no go to BT

should you not be reporting your problem to your ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pedro21
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

My phone line is with BT, it is that which is faulty.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Sorry but normally you buy the package from your ISP. So you pay BT for phone retal and calls and your ISP fir your broadband?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pedro21
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

@ imjolly

Sorry for the kurt reply earlier.

Yes my phone rental is with BT and the broadband is with a seperate ISP. I am looking to go for an all in one fibre package once the line issue has been resolved.

We had the same problem on the line around the middle of August this year and the Engineer changed connections at an underground pit 50m from our house, the last Engineer (13th October) changed the connections in the nearest cabinet 500m from our house. I have done some digging and found that is Deal Exchange Cabinet 24.

The first Engineer told us that going FTTC would elminate any problems from the exchange to the cabinet and isolate them between cabinet and house connection. The nearest drop pole is outside of our house and this was replaced around 8 years ago as the line was unusable for even voice communications.

Regards

Peter

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 11

Hi Pedro21,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the posts.  I am sorry that we have been unable to fix your line fault.  I would like to help.  

The last engineer that attended may have thought that the work he carried out would fix the issue but perhaps there are other faults somewhere along the line, that have been missed.  Any chance you could drop me an email with your details?  I can then check the current status of the fault and also review the engineers report to see what has been included.

To send me an email please click on my username (SeanD) and you will find the 'Mods contact link' under the 'About me' section of my profile.

Cheers

SeanD

0 Ratings
Pedro21
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

SeanD

Thanks for the reply, I have sent the details over, it is best to contect me by email as I am often out on site visits through work and the mobile signal is not always the best.

Regards

Pedro21

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 8 of 11

Thanks Pedro21,

If we cant get you on the phone then not a problem sending you an email Smiley Happy

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Pedro21
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

@ SeanD

Hope this does not cause to many problems, but my ISP (Plusnet), have tested the line and can find no faults. I forwarded on the routerstat graphs which shows the SNR and drop outs. I they have spoken to BTWholesale how have agreed that there is a fault somewhere and we are in the process of arranging and Engineers visit.

Regards

Peter

0 Ratings
Pedro21
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

@ SeanD

Just to keep you updated, the Engineer is booked to attend on the 27th October between 8am - 1pm. Pulnet have found high errors and extremely low SNR on the line.

I will updated after the visit on Monday.

Regards

Peter

0 Ratings