cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kernowyon
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Noisy line and no resolution from BT

We've had a noisy line for a very long time now with resultant broadband dropouts. This has been reported to both BT and Plusnet (Broadband provider) both of whom have been unable to detect or rectify the fault which has been occurring intermittently for many months if not years. BT have sent an engineer on at least 2 occasions resulting in the master socket being changed due to the unsuitability of the one they had fitted originally. However this has not rectified the problem of the noisy line. When the broadband connection drops I have checked the telephone for dialling tone and each time it is very noisy but line tests do not detect it and to get anything done when line tests are negative is nigh on impossible. I have arranged engineer visits but it's pointless because all they do is a line test which of course detects nothing and they then leave saying that's all they're authorised to do. The situation is absolutely exasperatingly frustrating, can somebody recommend a way to get this situation resolved satisfactorily. Thanks in advance for any solutions or suggestions.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Noisy line and no resolution from BT

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. If Plusnet is your phone provider and your ISP there is nothing anybody on here can do to help. You will need to contact PlusNet and report the fault to them. Until you get the noise on the phone line fixed you will not get better broadband.

If BT is your phone provider you will need to keep reporting the fault to them until it is fixed.

0 Ratings
Kernowyon
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks but BT are the telephone provider and they don't seem to care less
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If BT are your provider perhaps the moderators of the forum may be able to help.

The moderators of the forum have been informed. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

RobbieMac
Message 5 of 5

Hi Kernowyon,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

Sorry for the problems you're having.  As your line provider, we can certainly check for any issues with that aspect of your service.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings