cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ook
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Non DD charges

Ok today I was stuck in a meeting and Non Direct debit charges were brought up and it got me to thinking

If you pay quarterly Bt demand the money within 1 working week of the email(paperless billing) However for that 1 Payment you are charged 3 months worth of processing charges. (non automatic payment plan)

So I checked with a few people and they said I should ask why bt is actively charging 3 processing fees while demanding a quaterly non auto payment plans payment within 1 working week in full. as thats one singular payment with 3 processing fees?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Ook
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Non DD charges

a lil further info from bt's price rise page

Payment Processing Fee will go from £1.80 to £1.89 a month for those not paying by Direct Debit through a bank account. 

So again they have confirmed its a "Payment Processing Fee" But are still demanding 3 payment fee's with 1 quarterly payment made all in full.

0 Ratings
Customer2011
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

You bring up a good point Ook. My suggestion would be because it is more money for BT. I've been charged the payment processing fee and they're not even processing any payments as they owe me money. But as long as BT make a bit extra money then screw the customer seems to be the name of the game in my opinion.

0 Ratings
Ook
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Yup thats why i refuse to pay in advance and given all the errors bt have made i wont sent a DD up as i got to a point they had near £200 because they were drawing the wrong payments. however its one of a few questions and bad practices bt seem to keep avoiding trying to answer. As of today I have been speaking to a consumer affairs television show regarding this matter as they are doing another false direct debit charges show, and this fits right in.

1: Billing is actually safer to have paper bills as bt have gone against standards and made their online bills have only 1 working week to pay within receipt of the bill before they charge a late payment fee AND a disconnection fee the former standard (even on old bt paperless bills confirmed by checking) was 2 working weeks.

2: The bill is demanded in 1 singular payment or you receive charges of £19.50 , so why Is bt charging 3 processing charges when they demand and then penalise you if you do not pay 1 lump sum within 1 working week. Your left with a choice a £19.50 penalty OR 2 falsely charged "payment processing fees" on top of the one for the singular payment.

0 Ratings
Customer2011
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

I don't know why they even charge that sum to people that do owe them money. They get enough money for their services, without charging customers for the privelage of paying the bill. I have never heard of another company who charges customers for the privelage of paying their bill.

I hope you get somewhere with the tv show Ook, maybe then BT will stop ripping off customers.

0 Ratings