cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Non working phone line and bt infinity for 4 days now.

Sometime on Monday the 30th of April my phone line developed a fault rendering it almost impossible to hear anyone on the line due to the noise. This has also knocked my infinity broadband offline. I reported the fault using my mobile at cost to me and was told it would be fixed within 3 days after a line check revealed a fault in the BT network. However it still hasn't been resolved. On trying to get through using my very noisy landline I have had BT hang up on me and also promises of calls back on my mobile and no one has called back. I have had to use a friends landline to chase to see if anything is bring done but now I'm told another 48 hrs. Can someone at least please check that the fault has been logged and is being worked on. My phone bill and Infinity package isn't cheap and I think having to wait 3 days plus now a possible 2 days as rather unacceptable especially as I have other Internet subscription services charging me that I now cannot use. My only link to the net at the moment is my mobile phone and it has a rather low data limit that I'm just using for emails and checking my fault status that hasn't changed. Really needed this sorted before this weekend.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Non working phone line and bt infinity for 4 days now.

Still on going. Day 5 now. Every deadline I get given just passes by and there is no indication anyone has even looked at the fault. The fault reporting page still says repair estimate Thursday 03/05/12. Unbelievable.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators I can tell you that due to recent bad weather OPENREACH have a backlog of repairs across the UK and this is taking longer to get repairs cleared then normal
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

john46 is right, Openreach are really stretched at the moment because the wettest April in the past 100 years has caused havoc with the telephone network.

I know they are handing out overtime like it was sweets but you can't force people to do it, only hope they will volunteer for it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the information.

Some feedback from BT would help to at least put customers fears at rest. After all they are a communications company. As it stands i'm using what little bandwidth I have left on my phone just to be posting here, bandwidth thats supposed to last me the whole month.

Current information pegs the repair on Wednesday the 9th, which puts me at 10 days without a working phone line. Wettest month or not the amount we pay for the services you think they would invest in some better water proofing or more engineers to deal with the problem.

After all I still have electricity, they don't seem to have a problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

'Current information pegs the repair on Wednesday the 9th, which puts me at 10 days without a working phone line. Wettest month or not the amount we pay for the services you think they would invest in some better water proofing or more engineers to deal with the problem.'

Over the past four years the BT Group plc has put over £3 Billion into upgrading the network as well as employing a further 790 in the pas 2 years.

It is Openreach who maintain the Network, not BT Retail who you pay your line rental to. Openreach wholesale their Network out to BT Retail so how much they charge you for that wholesaled service is of no relevance to Openreach because they must treat all their customers, the phone and broadband companies (not you or me) exactly the same.

Also you have to look at it from a business point of view, demand for resources goes up and down. Openreach or any company for that matter wouldn't over employ and have a redundant workforce sat around doing nothing waiting for the two or three times a year the repair queues might go above what they can cope with in their normal commitment times.

0 Ratings