cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gillprior
Contributor
Message 9 of 118

None active sim

Mines been like this since 24th June I rang again today been told nothing they can do they are working on it. I've told them if it's not sorted by Wednesday I'm cancelling my mobile and going with another phone operator. Plus I've told them I want compensation for all of this!
0 Ratings
117 REPLIES 117
cotonreel
Contributor
Message 1 of 118

SIM CARD WONT ACTIVATE

Come on BT , let us know what's happening with all these SIM's that won't activate . Many of us who are waiting for activation have PAK codes that are about to expire , if they do we will have to pay another months subscription . Can't anyone at BT tell us what's going on ??
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 2 of 118

Re: SIM CARD WONT ACTIVATE

Hi Cotonreel,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues activating your BT Sim. If you contact the Mobile Chat Team they'll be able to help.

Give them a go and let me know how you get on.

Thanks

PaddyB

cotonreel
Contributor
Message 3 of 118

Hi Paddy, well i have contacted the mobile chat team as you suggested (thats the 3rd time i have 'spoken' to them). Anurag has taken personal ownership of my probem and says i will be able to activate my really wish i was confident in that news. I wish i had read the comments on this forum before i proceeded with BT mobile, they really are poor.  

Customer service is so very complicated and just fobs you off for another 24 hours, presumably in the hope the problem sorts it self out. To anyone considering going with BT mobile hold fire for a while and keep and eye on this forum.

0 Ratings
cotonreel
Contributor
Message 4 of 118

sorry should have read ..... i will be able to activate my SIM by Monday 11th July

0 Ratings
S4Brains
Contributor
Message 5 of 118

It's not only changeover sims that won't activate.  Had android phone with bt and gone to galaxy s6, I know, it's still android system, foolishly bought off bt, and followed all the instructions, eventually managed to transfer my contacts etc with hard wiring but my phone won't activate.  Tried ringing using my landline.  It still contacts my old phone but won't entertain my new phone.  Been in touch with the help desk and there is a problem with the server apparently, well whoopee!  Should be fixed in 48 hours but the bill won't be any different will it?  BT are getting to be a pain in the arris.  Can't understand accents even with my hearing aids in and it's not their fault but the service for customers is a total bag of nails.

0 Ratings
big-yin-001
Beginner
Message 6 of 118

received my galaxy s7 and nano sim 3 days ago and haven't been able to activate it since fed up contacting customer service and getting fobbed off with excuses so far I have been told it would be activated in the next 24 hours 3 times and after each 24 hour period it still isn't activated get your act together BT and also get some people in the call centres who can speak english clearly so that we can understand them and they can understand us

0 Ratings
big-yin-001
Beginner
Message 7 of 118

been in contact 3 times been told 24 hours 3 times and still not activated it is a joke
0 Ratings
ToshD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 118

Same issues for me, upgraded my phone and needed a nano sim to replace a micro one, sim arrived quickly and it was activated straight away, well I received a text to say so, but still no network on the new phone. So I have a new hi - tec phone that does everything apart from calls and texts...lol.
0 Ratings
ToshD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 118

Re: None active sim

That's an unacceptable amount of time to get your phone up and running. If mines not sorted by Wednesday I think we will be cancelling as well and I've only been waiting three days.

Out of interest do other people get a signal on their signal bar as we get a strong signal but then a message of Emergency Calls Only and network not registered when we try to make a call, is that what others get?
0 Ratings