gillprior
Contributor
Message 41 of 118

Re: SIM CARD WONT ACTIVATE

Ive been told it is something to do with EE, guess they want to put the blame onto someone else. I know once its sorted and I get compensation I will be leaving BT as they are NOT being honest with their customers! I know their BT Mobile is cheaper than most opther places BUT Id rather pay more and have a sim that works!!!!

0 Ratings
gillprior
Contributor
Message 42 of 118

URGENT........Number to ring if your SIM isnt active

Ring this number 0800 1114567 ask for Faults then number 4 and then your mobile number tell them you want a BRIDGE CASE opened on your number

Tags (1)
peanutp
Beginner
Message 43 of 118

Re: URGENT........Number to ring if your SIM isnt active

They are very reluctant to raise bridge cases, but do after a bit of pushing.  They also told me any bridge cases are linked to one parent case.  Anyway, see how it goes. 4 days without activation so far and also waiting for a home phone to be connected.

0 Ratings
peteuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 118

I have now taken the advice and got on the bridge bandwagon, resplendant with my reference number. - Cannot quite see where that gets us though as I am still told that my "not registered on network" will be sorted in about 24hs. Just about what I was told on the "Live Assistance"  talk line on the 6th July - we will see !!  (Currently researching the official complaints path)

0 Ratings
suitedjohn
Beginner
Message 45 of 118

Re: Cant believe what Ive now been told re SIM NOT ACTIVE

I wish like some others I had read the forums on these issues, seems it has happened a few times.

I ordered broadband and home phone and thought why not put my out of contract mobiles with them, to now be having the same issues as others not been able to activate my sim, my PAC code is due to expire soon as well. 

I might have let them off if it was not for the very poor custoemr service and real difficulty in getting through to the right department. Not liking the indian call centre and chat functions as well.

Not sure if I should hold on or just cancel and hope to find other providers later on due to at the moment BT been best for price and contract length and betting I dont have any problems on the other services requested.

I can still cancel easy I think as well within my 14 days.

John

0 Ratings
gillprior
Contributor
Message 46 of 118

Yeah I rang then back this afternoon, spoke to a manager they have put me on a one to one case and told me that they where told yesterday by EE that it should be sorted in 24 hours which is this evening BUT he told me that to air on the side of caution they are saying by tomorrow!!! I have been told that my one to one case worker will phone me tomorrow and they will sort everything out and deal with everything re compensaion etc etc till I am 100% happy and the phine is working. Lets see if I am posting again tomorrow!!!! 😉

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 47 of 118

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems getting the sim activated. I'll be happy to lend a hand with this. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
gillprior
Contributor
Message 48 of 118

David how do we send you an email and what info do you need?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 49 of 118

Hi @gillprior,

Thanks for posting. If you click on my username you'll see a 'contact the moderators' link. Just complete and submit that and we'll pick it up for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
cotonreel
Contributor
Message 50 of 118

Hi all, well finally i have been able to activate my SIM and the phone appears to be working ok. Fortunately i looged on to My BT and noticed an option to activate SIM. Not sure if BT would have sent an email to direct me to to BT.COM. 

Anyway hope the rest of you get your phones sorted. I will keep any eye on this forum to see how it goes. I hope that this is not the beginning of a bad relationshion with BT!!!

0 Ratings