cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gillprior
Contributor
Message 111 of 118

Re: SIM CARD WONT ACTIVATE

DONT bother with the mobile chat team you need to ring the FAULTS team on 08001114567 say faults then press 4 for mobile you will get a UK team. If you tell them you are also thinking of leaving as well they will put a CASE MANAGMENT TEAM on to your case, not that that will help but at least you will have ONE person as a point of contact and will deal with you till its all sorted. Also if you need to pay another month on your sim then YOU tell BT that you are charging them for this and you are wanting compensation also.

BT will NOT tell you what is going on as they say they havent a clue!!!!!!!!! This is one reason I have left BT mobile as the customer service is pants!

0 Ratings
ToshD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 112 of 118

Is the problem completely resolved now, is anyone else having trouble with new sims? My daughter might be interested in one but don't want her to endure any activation issues.

0 Ratings
gillprior
Contributor
Message 113 of 118

Re: None active sim

ToshD to be honest I'd warn anyone off BT just now as when I spoke to them yesterday they had NO idea when it would be sorted hence why I have cancelled my contract with no charge to me. I'd hold off for at least a few months to see if it's all sorted though not a clue how you'll find out as BT seem to want to keep this all very quiet!!!!
0 Ratings
ToshD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 114 of 118

I can't understand why some have been connected and not others, our two phones are now working fine but some others aren't. Is the problem an intermittent one that keeps happening periodically? Do the moderators know?
0 Ratings
gillprior
Contributor
Message 115 of 118

Not a clue all o know is kind was 21 days and yesterday there was no time or date to give when it would be sorted!!!! Found out mine was all from a system error and they sent me out a replacement sim for no reason at all!!!
0 Ratings
Cassie
Contributor
Message 116 of 118

After being with 3 for a few years, but not great signal and after a couple of near neighbours were getting much better signal with BT mobile, we both decided to take out their sim contract.

My husbands was up and running in minutest, but although my e-mail said I was also activated, it wasn't.

That was yesterday.

i logged the fault and was given  a case number.

Then decided to check on here, oh dear!

Rang BT today and was told that after diagnostics, it was because my IPhone 4s was locked to 3 and I would have to ring them to get unlocked, and he'd never seen this before, especially when my husbands iPhone 5s was o.k. And was also with 3.

Rang 3 and was told no it wasn't as it was a sim only, not their phone anyway, and they don't even lock their phones now.

Rang BT again, explained all this to another operator, was then told that diagnostics don't always get it right!

He acknowledged their has been a huge backlog in activations, and thought mine would be fine when this was cleared.

couldnt give me a time/date but I would be contacted.

Feeling rather stupid and gullible now.

0 Ratings
duncansby
Aspiring Expert
Message 117 of 118

@ToshD wrote:

Is the problem completely resolved now, is anyone else having trouble with new sims? My daughter might be interested in one but don't want her to endure any activation issues.

Hi - I ordered one for my son on sunday, came on tuesday and was activated within seconds - old number was then ported in the next day with no problems.  

Ordered his sim through my account, went to Manage my Moblie - Change your plan - then add another sim and got many offers, including ult mins, ult texts and 15g data for £10 a month

0 Ratings
gillprior
Contributor
Message 118 of 118

duncansby You must be a lucky one!! I had 21 days with a sim not activated!!!
0 Ratings