cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denissimo
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

None arrival of engineers so cancelling and going elsewhere

I read the numerous horror stories on here about engineers not turning up for appointments, and I didnt think it could be so bad..

After today's fiasco, I can now beleive everything I had read on this forum!

I booked a day off work so that I could be at home to wait in for the engineers

When the phone line and Infinity engineer didnt turn up by 5pm, I phoned up BT and was told after being put on hold for ages, that the engineer was running late and he would be at my house in 15 mins.

An hour later, I got in touch again through online chat this time, and was told the phone line would now be installed on the 9th, and the Infinity engineer would be here on the 18th of December..

I wasnt asked if the new appointments were okay for me, or offered any explanation, so I phoned up again.

I said the 2 dates were totally impossible as I`m working 7 days a week now on the run up to Xmas, plus I am having Sky TV fitted tomorrow, and it needs a working phone line for it to be installed. (the Sky installation date was arranged after confirmation of the BT installation date)

Well done BT you bunch of incompetant cowboys, you have now lost a new customer!!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: None arrival of engineers so cancelling and going elsewhere

Sky doesn't need a phone line, you can get it in a caravan after all.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
denissimo
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

At the bottom of the emails I have received from Sky, it states the following:-

"

* Your box will need to be connected to a telephone socket, capable of outgoing and incoming calls to complete the full installation. Customers taking Multiroom must have their boxes connected to the same telephone line at all times."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 8

I suppose you'll find out tomorrow 😉
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
denissimo
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

After another phone call, I have just been told that somebody will phone me tomorrow regarding the impossible installation dates, and of the possibility of the engineer calling in on Friday! (I'll beleive it when my phone rings!!!)

As for Sky, the deadline has now passed for rearranging tomorrows installation..

Looks like I'm screwed both ways!

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 6 of 8

You could have gone ahead with your Sky TV install, no matter what they say it does not NEED a phone line.

0 Ratings
denissimo
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

The Sky engineer is turning up regardless, so I will just have to wait and see what happens

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 8 of 8

Your Sky will still be installed.

0 Ratings