Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riccardodevita
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Not able to connect wireless

Dear community,

I am trying to find some support here after nobody can help me from customer service over the phone. I recently bought a new laptop, an HP Envy. Yesterday I started using it, it connected to my home network with no problem. I have a BT Home Hub 2.0.

All of a sudden I was not able to connect anymore. The strange thing is that I can connect to other wireless network (such as BT open zone). My girlfriend is connected to our home network with no problems. While receiving input from a BT technician i tried to enable/disable the adapter, reset the Hub ecc. Nothing changed, now I cannot connect to the network wireless, but only with an ethernet cable.

I was advised to take it back to the vendor, but this is something I would prefer to avoid.

Any input will be warmly welcome. Thanks

Riccardo

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Not able to connect wireless

Try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds then re-make the connection with the laptop.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Not able to connect wireless

There are known problems with hh2 wifi. See keiths help pages http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/hardware/hh2/hh2_issues.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings