Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Not all photos are uploading to Cloud

Go to solution
I think I’ve had this problem since upgrading to iOS 11.
The photos that don’t upload are the ones that I have saved from messages or FB. Occasionally screen shots don’t upload either.

Any ideas what is going on?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Not all photos are uploading to Cloud

Go to solution

Hi @NewNanny Welcome to the forum and sorry that you are having a problem with the Cloud service.

Give the Cloud helpdesk a call on 0800 500 3114 and I'm sure they'll be able to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

multiplle posts about such problems for Mac users and surely half a days work for the relevant person to fix it , sort it out PLZ

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
All to do with Apple & their iOS 11 update. On Apple devices, all photos are saved as HEIC files - apparently same quality at half the data size. On BT Cloud, your photos will be there, but just not in your timeline as this only displays JPEGs or other supported files. To find them, you’ll need to search in ‘All Files’ then by device & date. I’m finding they load very slowly and sometimes don’t display at all. You can change the way your Apple device saves photos back to JPEGs in Settings. Scroll down to ‘Camera’ then ‘Format’ then ‘Most Compatible’. Hope this helps & BT Cloud offers a fix - got a 2 month ‘gap’ in my timeline now!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you Bluebird99! Your explanation certainly helped and I have now found all of my camera roll photos in BT cloud. 😊
0 Ratings