It seems to me an obvious working procedure to check that the service a customer has ordered can be fulfilled before
A. Giving a start date.
B. Notifying my current ISP that I'm leaving them.
The result is my household has had no Phone or Broadband for 9 days and there looks to be no resolve in the matter whatsoever, giving that BT are saying there's a capacity issue at the exchange.
Shouldn't this have been done prior to switching off my current services?
This would have saved hours and hours of explaining to customer services my situation, being called a liar and being lied to over the course of the week.
I don't expect any response from BT other than the usual scripted responses, as they are masters of empty promises and delaying tactics.
I was actually told by a BT engineer today, don't get your hopes up about having your services switched on in the next 6 weeks as BT do this all the time. I'm afraid I'll be out of a job, and even unable to organise any of lives necessities if this carries on any longer.
I feel this situation shouldn't have happened and could have been avoided with better working practices, or an I just being naive?
Thanks for your response - It was all done via the BT website so they informed my old ISP (Sky) that I'll be moving over and arranged the date.
What could I have done differently?
did sky give you a MAC code to give toBT without a MAC code there will be a delay in the new provider being able to provide service this is normally around two weeks
I thought the MAC process had now been replaced?
Exactly my point umpire.
Also Customer Services assured me that there will be only half an hours downtime - I have this in an email too.
By the way the order was placed on the 14th June.