cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 24

Re: Not checking for faults before migrating over

The MAC process was still in use on Jun 14th so I'm a bit surprised BT didn't tell you to get a MAC code from Sky. They didn't have to use the MAC process but that was the best way to avoid any issues. Saying that it may not have avoided a capacity issue anyway. I guess you'll never know.

You ordering around the time of the process change probably didn't help. Not your fault of course.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Yes not my fault - you put your faith into these companies, I asked all the right questions beforehand. This is the first I've heard of all this. Not acceptable is it?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 24

if a MAC was not used the move of provider would have been a cease and reprovide this would have caused the delay in the new service up to 14 days and could also explain the capacity issue
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 24

It seems that our phoneline has been working for a few days now, but not the broadband (Due to the capacity problems).

So my original reason for the post - 'Should faults be checked before migrating over?' still stands really as I feel this MAC couldn't be just the cause of all this. Especiallly listening to the Openreach Engineer's comments yesterday 'This box (pointing at the excahnge) is a load of rubbish, people have been waiting for 6 weeks for broadband and BT know about it.

This MAC subject seems to be just a side issue to me.

Anyway I'll find my way back up from the bottom of the garden now (The only place I can get a slight 3G signal) and back to the dark ages.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Just to continue this post, I still have no broadband. Getting to 2 weeks now.

I'll have to now look for a new job as I'm now unable to do my work. But that's ok because I can claim £18 compensation for all this life affecting trouble.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 24

Residential lines should not be used for business use as it is a breach of the terms and conditions if you need the line for business use then you should consider as business line as it has a better SLA
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 24

There is a great difference between the green street cabinet and the exchange a cabinet has no effect on if you can get broadband or not the street cabinet is purely a cable connection point the exchange is a brick built building which contains both the phone and broadband equipment the only exception would be for fibre service which does have a brand new cabinet built close to the old street cabinet
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 24

It's not used to run a business - I'm sure most people have to do work at home as overtime now and again.

This response isn't an excuse for being treated this way and not relevant.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Thanks for this information - however little it's helped me getting my issues resolved.

I do now know the difference between a cabinet and a brick building now though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 24

Your comment here "Especially listening to the Openreach Engineer's comments yesterday 'This box (pointing at the exchange) is a load of rubbish," This was the reason for the explanation of the differences
0 Ratings