Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minimorris
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Not getting Sky Sport or BT Sport on new You View+ box / IPC 6007

Go to solution
Hi, I have received new equipment following an upgrade to BT Infinity but I have not got the extra sports channels that I had before. I should have BT Sport and Sky Sports 1 & 2. After several phone calls to BT I was told Sky Sports hadn't been added to my order so a new order was placed and I've had an email to say I should now have those channels. He also removed BT Sport and reordered it. Again I got an email to say everything should now be fine. But after numerous calls, doing all the restarting, unplugging, software updates etc I still can't see any of the sports channels. BT Sport is a black screen and says error IPC 6007. Sky Sports channels both ask me to set up the channel but then say I am not subscribed. When I check my account online it shows I should have BT Sport but I can't see Sky Sports on there! I seem to be going round in circles. Is there anything you can do to help or do you know who I should ask for if I call BT again? Thanks very much, Susan
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Not getting Sky Sport or BT Sport on new You View+ box / IPC 6007

Go to solution
Hi Susan. I'll have a look at this for you first thing tomorrow.

Steve
0 Ratings
minimorris
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks very much, that's very kind of you.
Susan
0 Ratings
minimorris
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
The wonderful Steve M has sorted out this issue. He is fantastic.
Thanks Steve.
0 Ratings
mychips
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Re: Not getting Sky Sport or BT Sport on new You View+ box

Go to solution

Ive been trying to add sky sports to my package via "manage bolt ons" but its never there when i want to add it. I am on Inifinity 1 broadband and i have netflix, BT Sport and HD channels and would like to add teh sky sports 1 and 2. I also have a you view box in a bedroom and my main front which i pay the £5 subscription for. Could you please help and point me in the right direction as to what i may be doing wrong.

Thank you, for your help 

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Unfortunately Sky Sports is not available with a muti room sub. This is the continued result of Sky's spat with BT, Sky won't allow it.

0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

@mychips wrote:

Ive been trying to add sky sports to my package via "manage bolt ons" but its never there when i want to add it. I am on Inifinity 1 broadband and i have netflix, BT Sport and HD channels and would like to add teh sky sports 1 and 2. I also have a you view box in a bedroom and my main front which i pay the £5 subscription for. Could you please help and point me in the right direction as to what i may be doing wrong.

Thank you, for your help 

Just to check, is the box in your bedroom is part of your BT TV subscription? 

If so, this will be why you cannot order Sky Sports. These channels aren't available to customers with an 'extra box' subscriptions due to commercial restrictions between BT and Sky. 

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

See here https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/2nd-box-with-sky-sports/m-p/1659635#M30874 and here https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Can-not-have-Sky-Sports-if-you-have-two-Youview-Box-subscr... which would appear to imply you can't have access to Sky Sports if you have two boxes (although you MAY be able to nominate one of your boxes to view it on exclusively).

0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@robert1997 wrote:

although you MAY be able to nominate one of your boxes to view it on exclusively

No, you won't be able to. 

BT will not sel this channel at all if the customer has an extra/multi-room subscription. 

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Fair enough @4KMarty. I only added that bit in as those links contained info given to people by BT staff that they could do just that. No surprise really as getting truthful useful info on Live Chat or over the phone with BT is almost a joke. It can be so disjointed. They really could learn from Sky in that respect (and they're not perfect either).

0 Ratings